abenjami

Sunday Ticket Negotiations (2016 season)

I decided to test the waters earlier than usual this year and called this morning.

All they offered me was the regular package (without redzone) for $215.

I cancelled my subscription and plan to call back before the season starts.

Anyone else test the waters yet?

Nope but for anyone curious, the Student rate for Sunday Ticket online was $100 last year but had to be streamed online. If you have a friend who is registered at a college then just ask if you can use their e-mail address.

It works well enough and can be Chromecasted (and probably other streaming devices), not perfect but the best affordable option for out of towners.

I'm cancelling this year..I work a lot of sundays anyway and end up watching the games late sunday night.. so gonna go with game pass or whatever it is that lets me watch games after they are all done.  I'm curious to see what I can get them to offer me...been with Dtv for a long time.

I'll post what they offer me.

48 minutes ago, Vintagerobots said:

I tried that PS4 streaming service last season and it was total shit. I'll never pay a penny for Sunday Ticket again.

I did the exact same thing at first but then just used the service online and casted it to the TV instead of using an app. I had exponentially more luck that way. Can't fault ya for giving up on it after a lost season and $100-200 down the drain but if your other option is frontrowsports or heading to a bar (good luck with them even playing the Titans game each week), I would take a flier on streaming it legally.

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I did the exact same thing at first but then just used the service online and casted it to the TV instead of using an app. I had exponentially more luck that way. Can't fault ya for giving up on it after a lost season and $100-200 down the drain but if your other option is frontrowsports or heading to a bar (good luck with them even playing the Titans game each week), I would take a flier on streaming it legally.

I just moved to Tennessee a month ago so I'm going to do a mix of illegal streaming if it's not on cable and physically going to the games. 

I'd rather spend that $200 on a nice pair of seats to one of the games than pay for sunday ticket again.

Edited by Vintagerobots

4 minutes ago, Vintagerobots said:

I just moved to Tennessee a month ago so I'm going to do a mix of illegal streaming if it's not on cable and physically going to the games. 

I'd rather spend that $200 on a nice pair of seats to one of the games than pay for sunday ticket again.

I hear the streaming package they offered last year kind of sucked but have you ever considered getting Directv and getting the regular package?  It's awesome.

Eventhough they jacked the price up this year($70 to 100) I'm sticking with GamePass on the iPad/PC again this season. Find something to do with my dumbass on Sunday and watch 30min full games the rest of the week, sans the snoozers.  Loved it when it was $40 and I knew that price wouldn't last too long.

9 minutes ago, begooode said:

Eventhough they jacked the price up this year($70 to 100) I'm sticking with GamePass on the iPad/PC again this season. Find something to do with my dumbass on Sunday and watch 30min full games the rest of the week, sans the snoozers.  Loved it when it was $40 and I knew that price wouldn't last too long.

You don't watch the games on Sundays and would rather find something else to do???

Just now, abenjami said:

I hear the streaming package they offered last year kind of sucked but have you ever considered getting Directv and getting the regular package?  It's awesome.

I just don't watch enough TV to justify paying for Directv. 

My biggest gripe was that games which were playing locally on cable were blacked out on sunday ticket (and I didnt have cable) so I would have to go drive out to a bar far too frequently. 

10 minutes ago, Vintagerobots said:

I just don't watch enough TV to justify paying for Directv. 

My biggest gripe was that games which were playing locally on cable were blacked out on sunday ticket (and I didnt have cable) so I would have to go drive out to a bar far too frequently. 

Makes sense then.

I don't watch much TV either.  I basically have Directv so that I can get the Sunday Ticket during football season.

Just about everything else I watch is HBO, Showtime, or Netflix.

5 hours ago, abenjami said:

I decided to test the waters earlier than usual this year and called this morning.

All they offered me was the regular package (without redzone) for $215.

I cancelled my subscription and plan to call back before the season starts.

Anyone else test the waters yet?

One word:  Blackmail

Get the person's name, hire a PI, and dig up as much dirt on them as you can.  By the time you're done, they'll be paying you instead.

I cancelled Sunday Ticket right after last season's crap show.  Not sure if I will sign up again or not.  Now that MM is QB, a lot more of the Titans' games are broadcast here in HI.  And toward the end of the season, I tend to get busier and can't watch them live anyway.  So thinking about mix of regular broadcast, maybe the NFL Rewind Pkg and the occasional Euro download.  But in the end, I will probably wuss out and resubscribe anyway.  Heck, I think I just dropped 10x that on wine for my little girl's Baby Luau this past weekend.  Big deal out here, and I don't get to throw many parties.

(Funny how you can use unrelated things to justify costs)