Jonboy

Nintendo Switch Thread

I've finally figuired out all the extra mechanics about these spirits in WoL and how it actually is helpful to switch them in and out and a requirement to do so for harder battles. I love this game mode.

3 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I've finally figuired out all the extra mechanics about these spirits in WoL and how it actually is helpful to switch them in and out and a requirement to do so for harder battles. I love this game mode.

I found a few strong ones and have been lazy. Explain the mechanic a bit more. I know types gives advantage and obvious things like remove slumber floors but ... what's the rest? I see overall rankings, attack and defense, etc ... what's the balance of it all and how do you determine when to use one it another?

And WoL is fucking awesome. I've cleared ~90 stages and unlocked 9 characters so far.

12 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I found a few strong ones and have been lazy. Explain the mechanic a bit more. I know types gives advantage and obvious things like remove slumber floors but ... what's the rest? I see overall rankings, attack and defense, etc ... what's the balance of it all and how do you determine when to use one it another?

And WoL is fucking awesome. I've cleared ~90 stages and unlocked 9 characters so far.

ALL the extra mechanics is a strong word that I don't actually know, I just moreso meant all the abilities that your secondary spirits give you to counter the map or enemy abilities like the poison floor or limiting how much you get launched etc.

I don't usually use the attack/defense/neutral of the primary because I still prefer how strong they are or the ability they provide... After beating Zero Suit Samus for "The Boss" (holy cow that was difficult), your primary gives you the ability to throw extra far which makes KOs much easier.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

I had one versus Zelda (I think) that was super hard. She was giant and I just got wrecked. I probably needed a Spirit for that battle but just kept replaying and finally got the hang of a couple ways to damage her safely … but then at about 95% she kept getting a final smash that I literally couldn't avoid. The payoff of beating her was so good.

Jonboy   

Dude...have you guys played through Classic mode with many characters yet? There are some surprise bosses at the end on a lot of the characters.

At least, they've been a surprise for me. This is one reason I've tried to avoid preview coverage of games more and more. I had absolutely no idea these were in the game and was completely floored.

Classic mode bosses that have surprised to far...Link, Duck Hunt Dog, and Simon.

Here's me encountering the boss (don't watch if you want to experience it yourself):

**Spoiler in the Title**

10 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Dude...have you guys played through Classic mode with many characters yet? There are some surprise bosses at the end on a lot of the characters.

At least, they've been a surprise for me. This is one reason I've tried to avoid preview coverage of games more and more. I had absolutely no idea these were in the game and was completely floored.

Classic mode bosses that have surprised to far...Link, Duck Hunt Dog, and Simon.

Here's me encountering the boss (don't watch if you want to experience it yourself):

**Spoiler in the Title**

Well the title spoils that but I've only done Mario. Will have to do more.

Stranger   
On 1/23/2019 at 7:43 PM, Jamalisms said:

Anybody else plsying Starlink? Played a bit the last few days and it's actively good, imo.

Almost bought the digital deluxe version back when it was on sale for $40, but I'd read it was very repetitive. 

1 hour ago, Stranger said:

Almost bought the digital deluxe version back when it was on sale for $40, but I'd read it was very repetitive. 

I got it for $20 on a Newegg sale. Then it didn't come with the game, so Ubisoft sent me a digital code to get started (which I sent to my brother) and then eventually (after a whole month) sent me the physical copy. So, two copies for $20.

It's fun. Haven't played enough to know if it's too repetitive, but I like what I'm doing enough to already be grinding out some stuff.

I just bought Wargroove as well, so now I'll have too much to play.

Jonboy   

Hope some of you can make it! I'm putting up $25 to the winner of the tourney and also having a follower raffle for another $25. 

p.png?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

Stranger   
31 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Hope some of you can make it! I'm putting up $25 to the winner of the tourney and also having a follower raffle for another $25. 

p.png?size=2048x1536&size_mode=3

I've never been good at this series. I'd be interested in watching a replay though. 

Jonboy   
2 minutes ago, Stranger said:

I've never been good at this series. I'd be interested in watching a replay though. 

Definitely! I don't expect us to have top-tier competitors, but you never know, haha. Hope there's a good turnout. 

I'm doing it as part of an anniversary/year of streaming celebration. Going to unveil new graphics, logos, etc. as well. Should be fun.