Nintendo Switch Thread

Jonboy

1 hour ago, Jamalisms said:

Mario Party could be good. Haven't played it but I always enjoyed those games.

Mario Party is fun but has to be done with Joy-Cons detached (not a complete deal breaker) and online is just mini games and not board games.

It's disappointing but the mini games are fun at least from the one's I have come across.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My hope is that these ridiculous consoles eventually bankrupts the company, thus turning them into a third party free agent.  Their games are good, but it's increasingly hard to digest the stupid desi

I am leaving my job next week and starting a new one in 2 weeks. I haven't had a week off in 2 years since I have always used sick days here and there and not a full vacation. SO EXCITED that my

Just don't get hit. You don't even have to truly dodge them with the L stick and targeting. They're so slow that you just sit still for a second until they wind up for a swing, then move away out of r

Posted Images

10 hours ago, oldschool said:

My 8 year old has a switch. Any recommendations on games for him? He has Mario kart and loves it but hates minecraft. 

Also, a new Pokemon game came out today, I think. If they're into that. Choice between Evee and Pikachu when you buy it.

13 hours ago, oldschool said:

My 8 year old has a switch. Any recommendations on games for him? He has Mario kart and loves it but hates minecraft. 

My boy is 8 tomorrow and has a switch.  Also hates Minecraft but loves LEGO City.  He asked for the LEGO Marvel game for his birthday which we got for him but not the WWE game.

On 11/16/2018 at 6:51 PM, Jamalisms said:

Mario Rabbids is one of my favorite games on the Switch. A nice strategy game with whimsy mixed in.

Wayyy too complex for an 8 year old IMO... Amazing game though

I have no frame of reference to what 8 years olds are capable of though, I don't even know which grade that is

Edited by wiscotitansfan

Just got a switch today. First time I’ve ever been Black Friday shopping. Got the switch, Mario kart 8 deluxe, and a $50 GameStop gift card for $299. Used the gift card to get Super Mario oddesy and then grabbed the crash bandicoot trilogy becaue I loved those games as a kid. 

On 11/1/2018 at 6:15 PM, Jamalisms said:

Single player mode looks actively interesting. Can't believe there are ~75 characters to play... ~80 if you buy the DLC.

I can’t wait for this game now that I have a switch. I might buy the digital since it’s available now. Need to look up and see how big the file is. 

24 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I dont do physical media. Made the choice with this console generation. Going to go with pokemon and super Mario odyssey. Thanks for the recommendations.

I'm all about physical. I can lend it, I can sell it, I control it.