Nintendo Switch Thread

Jonboy

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My hope is that these ridiculous consoles eventually bankrupts the company, thus turning them into a third party free agent.  Their games are good, but it's increasingly hard to digest the stupid desi

I am leaving my job next week and starting a new one in 2 weeks. I haven't had a week off in 2 years since I have always used sick days here and there and not a full vacation. SO EXCITED that my

Just don't get hit. You don't even have to truly dodge them with the L stick and targeting. They're so slow that you just sit still for a second until they wind up for a swing, then move away out of r

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Enjoy getting less for the same price.

Haha. Some of the guys I game with give me a hard time about this too. I'll keep going physical until Digital prices are more competitive OR until digital is the only other option. Which, let's be honest, it's going to be the latter. If these companies can keep charging $60 for a brand new game, they'll totally do it. No more retail packaging or shipping, plus they don't have to worry about the used game market anymore. I've also heard interesting arguments about how an all-digital future will actually result in lower prices overall. I get the arguments, but still don't think it will ultimately be cheaper for consumers. 

Right now, the only advantage to digital is convenience. And don't get me wrong...it's super convenient. But as convenient as it is, it doesn't trump the cost savings I get from going with physical games. I'm a Gamers Club Unlocked member at Best Buy so I was able to order the new Smash for $48, plus get $10 more off thanks to a previous credit from pre-ordering from Best Buy. I get another $10 credit for pre-ordering Smash as well. Plus, the cartridge itself has value and I always have the option of trading it later. I actually really want to own Smash digitally, but I'm going with the hard copy because of the savings.

1 minute ago, 'Nator said:

Is Nintendo Switch good or nah? 

I haven't gamed since the first Xbox. 

It's probably equivalent technological power to the original XBox.

But the mobility factor and quality first party games are as good as advertised, imo, and maybe even better in terms of the mobility factor.

I'm a mix between physical and digital.  

Digital is way more convenient, but it isn't without its pitfalls. 

When you buy a game, you're really only purchasing the license agreement to play the game. 

If they decide to end the ability to play the digital version of the game, there's nothing you can do about it. Granted this is an extremely unlikely thing to happen, but it's an issue you're not likely to face owning a physical copy. 

When digital games I want go on sale and it's comparable to a discount that the physical version would get, I but it. 

The real benefit to owning a physical copy though is definitely the ability to resale a game. Finish a game you know you won't play again or you realize that you just don't like it, you're stuck with your purchase if it's a digital copy. 

On 11/23/2018 at 10:38 AM, 'Nator said:

Is Nintendo Switch good or nah? 

I haven't gamed since the first Xbox. 

The best video game system I have ever played in terms of enjoyment, but you have to realize that it's still at the end of the day a Nintendo machine designed to play Nintendo IPs.

You CAN play other stuff but if that other stuff was more interesting to you, then the Switch really isn't all it's cracked up to be and the traditional consoles are better for that crowd.

Walmart has a bunch of accessories on clearance. I just got a pro charging grip for $13 and the super Mario odyssey grip for $5 

here Are the brickseek links to see if they are in stock near you. The Mario grip doesn’t look like the one in the pic it’s the other style they make. 

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=683435311

https://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker/?sku=297115529

11 hours ago, Nztitans said:

Anyone pick up Smash today? I haven’t played since the Wii version. Looking forward to getting into it tomorrow.

Ill have it tonight and the gal is studying for law school exams all weekend so I will binge the shit outta it. Can't wait.

Edit: I guess I lied, she is going to be back home in DC the next few weeks so I am stuck getting that time in together this weekend. Ugh!

Edited by wiscotitansfan

14 hours ago, Nztitans said:

Anyone pick up Smash today? I haven’t played since the Wii version. Looking forward to getting into it tomorrow.

Yeah, I played a bit and am in the same boat... I didn't even play Wii version much.

Based on initial results in Spirits - I need to git gud.