I'm going to liquidate my portfolio

abenjami

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I just gave you the numbers of the S&P and the Nasdaq. The S&P 500 is up over 27% since the bottom.  If you don't know the market has made a huge recovery since the bottom then you're clueless. You're literally arguing against a fact, and LOLing while you do it

Stick to your 401k. The S&P and the Nasdaq are backed by huge tech stocks that didn't crash like Amazon and Microsoft. Any cloud computing stocks that help remote workers are safe. If you don't realize there is way more to economic recovery than the markets you mentioned then I don't know what to say. Ask the 40 million out of work and all the businesses that will never reopen what they think. 

As for gold it was a joke that gets told all the time as we always hear gold is recession proof and people foolishly put their money in it. 

Edited by oldschool

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jfc are you a boomer? Here...    

This is one of the problems.... It could go higher for much longer and/or when you get in it could go lower much longer..... You have to guess right twice

Way back when Bush was president he signed this https://theweek.com/articles/767184/how-george-bush-broke-post-office   Around the same time my house flooded, home insurance doesn't cover fl

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, oldschool said:

If you don't realize there is way more to economic recovery than the markets you mentioned then I don't know what to say.

I clearly and plainly differentiated between the market and real economy and have done so many times throughout this thread. I was the main one in this thread saying that the market could bounce back as fast as it went down. I also pointed to major broad base indexes besides my 401k. This thread has focused on the market, not the real economy. Either you didn't bother read or are just talking out your ass. Talking about it in a condescending manner doesn't make you look any less uninformed. 

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

I clearly and plainly differentiated between the market and real economy and have done so many times throughout this thread. I was the main one in this thread saying that the market could bounce back as fast as it went down. I also pointed to major broad base indexes besides my 401k. This thread has focused on the market, not the real economy. Either you didn't bother read or are just talking out your ass. Talking about it in a condescending manner doesn't make you look any less uninformed. 

You responded to my post about it being a consumer driver economy with stock market numbers and then said we already had a V recovery. Next time be more specific. Also grow a thicker skin. I was being sarcastic about your 401k. Maybe its a northeast thing as we rag on each other all the time. Probably doesn't come across very well in this format. 

Whats your take on ETFs? Worth it? Everyone I know is buying MSFT like crazy too.

Edited by oldschool

Posted that from my phone.  Actually what happened is futures opened down and then went up but still to a lower point than Friday's close.  So technically at this point, futures are down a small bit.

59 minutes ago, OilerTitanHybrid said:

The Market says unless it's a nuke going off somewhere, bring it bitches! It'll digest anything it eats! No Tums needed!

a nuke wouldn’t do it. 

At this point the only thing that can bring this market down is @Jamalismsgetting back in

It would totally happen. But unless there's a retest, I'm out until November or later.

I'm so uncomfortable with the funny money market we have right now that I'm gonna buy gold and put it in my mattress or something. It's completely disconnected from the actual economy.

2 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

It would totally happen. But unless there's a retest, I'm out until November or later.

I'm so uncomfortable with the funny money market we have right now that I'm gonna buy gold and put it in my mattress or something. It's completely disconnected from the actual economy.

Here's one for ya.  Reminds me of back near the bottom of 2008 crash, when gold and silver were at it's peak, we decided to round up all the spare gold and silver we had and sold it to one of those We Buy Gold shops.  We searched the house over for any spare gold and silver trinkets, necklaces, earings.  Whatever we could find.  She even sold off her nice sterling silver utensil set that her Aunt had given her years earlier. lol  I mean fuck it, we never used it and didn't need it, so why not?

We didn't make a killing or anything off the stuff we sold, but we did make almost $900 from it all.  The gold brought in about $600 and the silver brought in about $300.  After that, we watched the market bottom and gold and silver fell off from then on.  We were happy about bringing in the cash, but I think we were just as happy (well almost) because we knew we had timed the market just right and sold our shit at the top.  That was some good satisfaction there also.

Edited by OilerTitanHybrid