Mount, Wallace and Dodd

kyle021

These guys don't get talked about for a weird reason. 

The depth at OlB killed the defense when Morgan went down. 

We were forced to play Bass and Tavai. Killed our defense badly. 

Mix of Bass and Tavai with CB like Webb, Sens, and BWW was the demise of the D. 

Mount looked really promising before his injury. I really liked watching him play in preseason and he looked like a damn good backup with starter potential in the first few games and had a lot of playing time. 

He is fast, agile, instinctive but raw. He seemed like he had the trust of DL and Horton which speaks to his knowledge and accountability. 

With Mount returning, the drafting of Dodd and Wallace. We will have a huge boost to the defense like we haven't seen at the pass rushing spot. 

Wallace has been playing in and out in camps and impresses. They like him. He was stuck behind Jack and Barr if that says anything. 

Our pass rush will be much improved

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think must be some reason Mr. Scooby Wright was picked 3 spots away from being Mr. Irrelevant 

Pouring over the back end of the roster all the time hoping late round guys pan out is overrated. I'm over it. These guys suck until proven otherwise.

Bc they're on the back end of the roster for a reason... they suck.

shouldn't be expecting too much from Dodd/Mount coming back from surgeries.

its still unclear if Dodd is going to be ready to go when training camp resumes after his foot surgery.

it will take a while for Mount to feel comfortable again coming back from his ACL injury.

in regards Wallace, according to reports he flashed early in the offseason program and then not so much news about him, will have to work hard just to get a spot in the final 53 let alone much playing time.

its a shame Dodd got injured because you really want to get early production from a pick 33 in the draft.

I'm still pissed we took Wallace over Scooby Wright!

Teams have gotten so obsessed with measurable and numbers that's why we have so many first round busts while great players are dropping in the draft.

How fast you can run 40 yards in a straight line with barely any clothes on is easily the most important thing for most positions when it comes to being drafted. It makes the difference in millions of dollars. 

Even though you hardly ever run 40 yards in a straight line in a football game. They should at least make them do it with pads on to see realistic numbers. 

Very good LBers like Reggie Ragland and Scooby Wright drop in the draft and are criticized over their 40 but on the football field all they ever did was make plays and were focal points of their defense. 

I love Ragland but Wrights 40 was worse and dropped him to the bottom of the draft but the guy was a great football player.

Wright has amazing instincts very good quickeness he was a game changer on defense. He was a monster on the field and he played with the same passion and aggressiveness as a Ray Lewis. Wright is a Zach Thomas clone who gives a shit what his 40 yard dash is! kuechly basically ran a 4.6 and he is doing alright I know Wrights time was not a 4.6 but his game is not centered around speed. His play recognition is off the charts the guy can stop the run, hit you like a semi and rush the passer those are very valueable traits of course you don't want him manned up on a slot WR but I believe even though he dropped to the bottom of the draft he will win over a starting spot by his 3rd year maybe sooner. He's a very good football player and fun to watch! 

14 hours ago, hazzed said:

I'm still pissed we took Wallace over Scooby Wright! He's a very good football player and fun to watch! 

I found him very boring to watch and one of the most overrated players by the fans.

5 hours ago, Bobo said:

I found him very boring to watch and one of the most overrated players by the fans.

Im not saying he is Jaylon Smith but he is a good football player. I think he is a lot of fun to watch. 

He is like a wrecking ball out there. He hits ball carriers, QBs even blockers as hard as he can hit everytime! He is a high energy guy who gives 100% effort every game. 

I don't think he is overrated because you know what you have with Wright you have a guy who is good in run support, can shed blocks and he is also solid at rushing the passer. He has very good instincts he is always around the ball and is a tackling machine. 

You don't accidentally get 160+ tackles 30+ tackles for a loss 15 sacks and 6 forced fumbles. 

He is a liability in coverage so of course he would not be a 3 down LBer but he still has value in the NFL. If he did not get injuried I believe he would have had another very good year and been a mid round pick regardless of his 40 yard dash. 

2 hours ago, hazzed said:

Im not saying he is Jaylon Smith but he is a good football player. I think he is a lot of fun to watch. 

He is like a wrecking ball out there. He hits ball carriers, QBs even blockers as hard as he can hit everytime! He is a high energy guy who gives 100% effort every game. 

I don't think he is overrated because you know what you have with Wright you have a guy who is good in run support, can shed blocks and he is also solid at rushing the passer. He has very good instincts he is always around the ball and is a tackling machine. 

You don't accidentally get 160+ tackles 30+ tackles for a loss 15 sacks and 6 forced fumbles. 

He is a liability in coverage so of course he would not be a 3 down LBer but he still has value in the NFL. If he did not get injuried I believe he would have had another very good year and been a mid round pick regardless of his 40 yard dash. 

We already have a two down LB. Hell we have 2 of them. 

Avery Williamson and Nate Palmer. Williamson is a great two down ILB

we had a pressing need for OlB depth and JR did the right thing. Especially Wallace being versatile. He fits DL. 

15 hours ago, reo said:

Pouring over the back end of the roster all the time hoping late round guys pan out is overrated. I'm over it. These guys suck until proven otherwise.

You don't say?