Moving?

earlers

Not that it's any relief to anyone, but I plan on staying put. I'm a creature of habit and I've gotten to really like this board, even with the transfer from TC. Yeah, I'm primarily a lurker but I'm here actively reading many times throughout the day, and I've grown to rely on a lot of the posters here for valuable insight since I'm over in East TN and don't get the range of Titans coverage that I once did when we lived in MId TN. I like Terry, but honestly I can't stand McFarland. His insight has always struck me as regurgitated public opinion on the simplest level, and when he did have a unique thought it always seemed based on shock value as opposed to actual facts. They have him on over here in Knoxville on The Sports Animal once a week for Titans updates and he is still the same way, and I always finding myself disagreeing with him based on info I've gotten from this very board, and I usually turn out to be right. So, there you go, I'm digging in my heels and hanging around and I'm going to try to be a more active poster as well. High five.

Thanks for being a part of this place.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No doubt. You have to be pretty ignorant to get canned from that George Plaster show, which has the most uninformed hosts in history.

Dude, tune into the morning show here in Knoxville on The Sports Animal and you'll witness a whole new level of ignorance. They are absolutely clueless about anything beyond UT's campus. I understand the fact that I live in K'ville now and the Vols are King, but I don't think I've ever heard them "report" anything that I hadn't already read on ESPN or Profootballtalk 2 days prior. They get the UT scoop only because they are the only outlet in town and the local beat reporters go to them first. I'd give anything to have a Willy Daunic regularly on the waves here.

I wasn't going to go but I just read JTB's post over there and apparently he and Oilerman are very happy to be there and having fun so I may register at some point.

I wasn't going to go but I just read JTB's post over there and apparently he and Oilerman are very happy to be there and having fun so I may register at some point.

:))

I feel kinda bad about the TC community getting split up. All of us over here...JTB over there. I think there could be a healing and I know we are all going to miss JTB's expert commentary and insight.

So I figure, this is silly, I'm a uniter, let's try to get JTB back here! Let bygones be bygones...and if he won't come back, goddamn it, I'm copying his opinions over here because I need to get some of that genius insider juice only JTB can bring and this community damn well needs it let's stop fooling ourselves.

JTB recently made his second post on TI and he came up with this gem:

Britt is a complete moron. He should be working out with his teammates, not continually getting arrested. It's a matter of time before he gets suspended.

I'll need to ponder through that for a few days before I can fully absorb it.

Nendzone was a great poster and made fools of lots of people in her path....

Her biggest weakness was not admitting Eddie George was washed up and continued to argue he should be the starting RB right up until he left

The only non conventional opinion I ever remember Nendzone having was she believed Reese was more valauable and worth keeping than Fisher was....even though she was generally very supportive of Fisher.

Good writer and debater though and a studious follower of the game. She seemed to read everything.

Nend was a very good poster but she excused nearly every move the team made and came off as a complete homer. She was always up for a good debate knew how to argue her point. She is definitely missed around here.

Nend was a very good poster but she excused nearly every move the team made and came off as a complete homer. She was always up for a good debate knew how to argue her point. She is definitely missed around here.

I never meant for my comment to be taken as a character assassination or turned into a referendum on her bona fides. It just seems to me to be conventional board wisdom that she was some sort of oracle, and that didn't jibe with my recollections of her postings so I figured I'd challenge that conventional wisdom. Sorry if it came off heavy-handed.

I miss Nend. I made it a point early on to track her down at training camp, and we had some really great discussions about the upcoming year. That was, however, a decade ago and more. I used to see her at the stadium before games, but not in recent years.

My take is that Nend is extremely skilled at identifying and presenting all positions of an issue. It was typically a pros and cons presentation, with a definite leaning toward the positives (that being defined as a team/coaching/veteran positive). I personally found it really easy to focus on those elements of her posts that presented the various positions without being overly influenced or put off by her personal biases if they differed from mine. I found her to be remarkably left-brained in her cognitions.

pro

I think quality counts for something. She always seemed to keep her cool and at least knew her reasons behind her opinion. She seemed to know from where the other side was coming better than many of the posters who argued with her.

Was she a homer? Sure. In a big way.

Was she an asset to the board? Read above.

She didn't always illuminate everyone but that's a higher standard than we hold everyone else. She was a consistent, high quality poster for many years.

Ned was OK. Some overated her to a point but she had reasonable stuff to say and always had respect for others.

I don't think her leaving (or any of us for that matter) really makes a huge difference. There are plenty of knowledgable posters to make up for a few not so much posters. I mean, I wouldn't say she was on the level of Bongo or anything. =))

I actually miss Bongo..

In a strange way I do, too.