Cam.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"But people who know me know I'm not going down without a fight to the death."

He's going to be signed by the Pats, will beat out Jimmy Garoppolo, and play so well they keep Brady on the bench when he returns from his suspension.  Am I doing it right?

This is my first GIF, so go easy on my work TR.

Posted Images

57 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

People think Mett sucks now in hindsight but the facts are Mett looked like he gave up when we drafted Mariota.  Seriously it looked like Mett mailed it in instead of working harder to be better.   

This "he mailed it in after Mariota was drafted" is yet another lame excuse.

His ceiling was "solid at best" his bottom was cut from the league. That's why he was drafted ONE ROUND from UNDRAFTED.

Turns out it's more the ladder. Once teams adjust to his arm talent things nosedived.

He was worth a flier but never the keys to a franchise.

Edited by big2033

1 hour ago, Legaltitan said:

That was back when you thought Locker was the bees' knees.

Then when Locker was gone you hyped Mett and thought we were stupid to draft Mariota.

Solid work.

Thanks man I appreciate that. Glad to be noticed.

1 hour ago, 52O said:

Lol man I remember I started a #cutformett thread back when I told yall he was garbage and this whole forum thought he was the future, it was deleted in .7 seconds

lol I was in the 8MM camp as soon as he was in the mix to draft.  Figured Webster would somehow fuck it up, but he didn't.  I literally got chills when his name was called.  Thought I was dreaming or some shit... 

#cutformett

#cuttmett

#mettsallwett

On 04/08/2016 at 8:56 AM, freakingeek said:

Mett is a guy that is going to have to get reps at game speed to improve his play. Which is probably only going to happen if Rivers gets hurt or retires. He has a damn good arm.

He sucks, always has

On 04/08/2016 at 10:15 AM, Mythos27 said:

I read an article where the author described the back up situation as a whole in SD as being awful right now. It's looking like whoever wins the back up job will do so by default. Of course things could change as the offense gets in rhythm through camp.

Yet Mett could not even stick there

On 04/08/2016 at 8:59 AM, Soxcat said:

Kellen Clemens could give hima run for that #2 spot.  Especially when you want consistency more than anything from the #2 guy.   

You had to have been joking here

6 hours ago, MIKE75 said:

Mett looked really good his rookie year then when Mariota arrived he gave up instead of continuing to grow.

no, no he looked decent in one regular season game. He looked good against borderline practice squad players that first preseason

6 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

The more he played the more his flaws that pushed him down the draft came to light 

I think it is more a case that the more he played the less people could ignore his obvious flaws............. well, maybe not everyone 

People were tired of Locker's inconsistencies and his injuries. When Locker got benched, everyone celebrated, but had to quickly find someone to latch hope onto. Mett was a young unproven QB with a strong arm. Visions of our version of Tom Brady was dancing in everyone's head. It's normal to hope that you struck gold, even if it's a long shot.

Then, after the steelers game, everyone went crazy for him, and rightfully so. He looked pretty darn good that game. 

Then he started to look bad week after week. But no one wanted to give up hope. They ignored the fact that Mett couldn't move the ball past the 50 for 3/4 of the game, and hung their hats on the 1 or 2 drives in the 4th quarter. And this happened week after week, loss after loss.

But so many people had bought so hard into the hype that they were completely blinded by reality, Mett really was not a good QB. It was utterly amazing how many people thought Mett could should be given the starting job after the terrible QB play that we just witnessed. 

Once MM was drafted and starting playing and looking good, I think most started to let go of Mett, but I think there is still a little animosity towards MM because of Mett for whatever reason.

It's amazing to see how nit picky some people are on MM, when they made countless excuses for Mett. If Mett had played the way MM did, he'd have already been declared a God.

I'll never understand the infatuation with Mett. People always talk about his amazing arm ... I mean he had a strong arm, but so did locker and so did many other QBs in this league that have amounted to nothing.

Oh well, Mett was cut again, and his NFL career is in jeopardy... hopefully the feelings that have been harbored for him melt away as well.

Wasn't BK originally a Vikings fan?

I have always thought Mett would be a perfect fit in Norv Turner's offense.

From Fansided who had several candidates for Minnesota this was said about Mett......

4. Zach Mettenberger

The San Diego Chargers cut quarterback Zach Mettenberger on Tuesday. This was Mettenberger’s first season with the Chargers, but did not appear in either of the Chargers’ last two preseason games. For whatever reason, the reunion with his former Tennessee Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt in San Diego didn’t work out.

Mettenberger has talent and can make all the throws as an NFL passer. He’s not particularly mobile and does have somewhat of an alienating personality. That being said, there may not be an available quarterback better suited to run Turner’s deep vertical attack than Mettenberger.

It would take a few weeks for Mettenberger to learn the playbook, but if Minnesota’s offensive line can keep him upright, he might succeed in the NFC North on a short-term basis. Mettenberger’s cannon of an arm will do better than Bridgewater’s in frigid outdoor venues like Lambeau Field and Soldier Field.

Mettenberger has played in three pro-style offenses in the last few years. He briefly played in Mark Richt’s offense at Georgia, he starred in Cam Cameron’s offense at LSU, and he had been with the Titans’ Whisenhunt the last two years in Nashville. He’d be a work in progress, but Mettenberger has the skill set to succeed in Minnesota working with Norv Turner.

http://fansided.com/2016/08/30/5-replacements-teddy-bridgewater/2/

12 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

Wasn't BK originally a Vikings fan?

I have always thought Mett would be a perfect fit in Norv Turner's offense.

From Fansided who had several candidates for Minnesota this was said about Mett......

4. Zach Mettenberger

The San Diego Chargers cut quarterback Zach Mettenberger on Tuesday. This was Mettenberger’s first season with the Chargers, but did not appear in either of the Chargers’ last two preseason games. For whatever reason, the reunion with his former Tennessee Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt in San Diego didn’t work out.

Mettenberger has talent and can make all the throws as an NFL passer. He’s not particularly mobile and does have somewhat of an alienating personality. That being said, there may not be an available quarterback better suited to run Turner’s deep vertical attack than Mettenberger.

It would take a few weeks for Mettenberger to learn the playbook, but if Minnesota’s offensive line can keep him upright, he might succeed in the NFC North on a short-term basis. Mettenberger’s cannon of an arm will do better than Bridgewater’s in frigid outdoor venues like Lambeau Field and Soldier Field.

Mettenberger has played in three pro-style offenses in the last few years. He briefly played in Mark Richt’s offense at Georgia, he starred in Cam Cameron’s offense at LSU, and he had been with the Titans’ Whisenhunt the last two years in Nashville. He’d be a work in progress, but Mettenberger has the skill set to succeed in Minnesota working with Norv Turner.

http://fansided.com/2016/08/30/5-replacements-teddy-bridgewater/2/

I was about to agree with this assessment. But he lost out to a UDFA with his mentor as OC. He'd be a last resort for the Vikings. I say that with as much fairness as I've got left for him.

But if he lost to a UDFA ... what says another UDFA can't do as well with the Vikings?

Edited by big2033