AAS Buying a Home in Nashville (Update pg. 2: NFL issues resolved?)

Jonboy

5 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

The only thing that bugs me is having Underwood lie to us about the extensive head coaching search when all the time she wanted Mularkey. If she demanded JRob get an OT in the 1st round of the draft, and that forced him to make the bad trade, then I would say that's not a good deal either.

That's what presidents do!  They lie thru their teeth and tell you want you want t hear.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

La Canfora: Clearly this is a sign the team will be sold very soon.

Good. One less stupid reason for people to think she doesn't care about the Titans.

I've seen the worst of times and the best of times, we're headed for good times

I can't recall in recent memory anything positive happening when the owner was present. I just think at this point the Adams family should just sell the franchise to someone that is truly interested in winning a Superbowl and not just owning it as part of a portfolio. I'm glad that Jon Robinson was brought in as there has been some much needed retooling of the organization. I'm cautiously optimistic that this will be a decent season (8-8). I desperately want to be wrong about Mike Mularkey as that hire just felt really lazy to me. 

I think Amy wants to run a serious professional football organization. Tommie Boy started some things, but he screwed up his biggest hires, and still wanted to 'Mom n Pop' it, imo and not really spend what was needed on infrastructure improvements.  I'm guessing that's part of the reason why Ken4 backed Amy's takeover. All this squawking about local ownership overlooks that Ken has been in Tenn and has grown some serious local roots over the last decade. I suspect he knows full well the vibe within the bldg and probably even had a voice in seeing Whuz fired.

I also think Amy wants to win. The Mularkey hire was a let down at first, but let's not forget that he got a 3 year "prove it" contract. He absolutely has to put the team on the right trajectory early. If not Tenn with Mariota and JRob will be a helluva destination for a real headline coach.

My god Whuz & Webster really ran this thing into the ground (Amy's guys might end up looking like white knights comparatively). Kudos to whoever is running the PR lately, because they really have a ton of work to do to get the fans back. So many of us are on our last nerves, esp with so many good entertainment alternatives that don't make you feel stupid to support. 

21 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I agree.  I still don't understand why ownership thought it was a good idea to hire Mularkey without really involving the new GM in the hiring process.  It's not like Mularkey was some hot coaching candidate they need to make sure got locked up and couldn't risk losing him by waiting.

They really handled the whole thing poorly. It's obvious Amy was keeping Mularkey from the get so IMO they should've doubled down & said that from the start, went all in on him & showed confidence in their decision. At least they would've shown conviction. Instead they put up a charade of a search, interviewing Teryl Austin as their Rooney, Marrone because everybody interviewed Marrone, and Horton to put pressure on Mularkey to take their low ball offer. Then to top it off they announce it on Wild Card Saturday, knowing they are going to be ripped to shreds.

Also, you have to think JRob will eventually want his own coach. Every GM wants his own guy. For now he was probably fine with Mularkey as they share a pretty similar philosophy, and he didn't have a choice,  but I think he'll eventually want to bring in one of the Pats coordinators, if I had to guess.

5 hours ago, ONUV said:

wants to be closer to her lover mularkey.

Tennessee takes a back seat to nobody, especially Texas.

Obviously it's a joke but I always said if Mularkey did nail AAS out & kept his job because of if it, good on him. He has the balls we need, total Alpha move.

4 hours ago, Face said:

Obviously it's a joke but I always said if Mularkey did nail AAS out & kept his job because of if it, good on him. He has the balls we need, total Alpha move.

Mike Mularkey chucking AAS the pipe is not a thought i thought i'd have today, but here we are

On 5/8/2016 at 0:55 AM, Face said:

They really handled the whole thing poorly. It's obvious Amy was keeping Mularkey from the get so IMO they should've doubled down & said that from the start, went all in on him & showed confidence in their decision. At least they would've shown conviction. Instead they put up a charade of a search, interviewing Teryl Austin as their Rooney, Marrone because everybody interviewed Marrone, and Horton to put pressure on Mularkey to take their low ball offer. Then to top it off they announce it on Wild Card Saturday, knowing they are going to be ripped to shreds.

Also, you have to think JRob will eventually want his own coach. Every GM wants his own guy. For now he was probably fine with Mularkey as they share a pretty similar philosophy, and he didn't have a choice,  but I think he'll eventually want to bring in one of the Pats coordinators, if I had to guess.

McDaniels I could see.  I doubt that Robinson is much into hiring homeless guys like Belichick is so I can't see Patricia.

That being said I think the two have a good relationship and that Mularkey is going to get a real shot.

23 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot1 said:

When asked to go help out at the Alamo, Davy Crockett should have just said "nah." 

This is one of my favorite subjects in the battle between Texas and Tennessee. Crockett didn't gather up volunteers and go the Texas to help out. He lost an election in Tennessee and ran to Texas to start over. He and many others knew Texas was likely going to revolt against Mexico and there would be ample opportunity for new lands and power for someone of his background. Too bad he died with all the other dumbasses at the Alamo for nothing.