ChesterCopperpot1

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At least it isnt Brady...............WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jfc. The Panthers are in the Super Bowl and their fans still have to post on the board of a 3-13 team.

I will say that you Panthers fans make it almost unbearable to even respect the Panthers. Such a great representation. 

5 hours ago, NYPanther said:

it's just you, he had a fantastic game. if you want to question that by saying he had 4 or 5 bad throws, most QBs have that many each game. Look at the throws he did make. The long TD catch, he stood in the pocket and sent a laser 30 yards down field where the WR was able to catch and run, not jump or turn back which would have prevented a score. He regularly helped identify the many blitzes AZ sent and stood tall in the pocket looking off defenders and making throws to guys that were open. The one interception was not pretty, not sure who he was throwing to on that play, so we can give you that. Two interception in the last 12 games is pretty remarkable.

Didn't Cam only have 23 throws? The thing that makes him look better is his running.  It masks some of the bad plays he has as a passer.

If you're going to come here and spout off about your team, at least be realistic.

I want to say this game will be close, but it has the potential to be a Carolina rout. I really hope I'm wrong because I hate Cam Newton, with quite a bit of passion (except when he gives the ball to kids - love that). To me, it would be kind of messed up if Denver can pull off a win in this game, Carolina is clearly the better team. Looking forward and will be watching nonetheless.

20 hours ago, NYPanther said:

it's just you, he had a fantastic game. if you want to question that by saying he had 4 or 5 bad throws, most QBs have that many each game. Look at the throws he did make. The long TD catch, he stood in the pocket and sent a laser 30 yards down field where the WR was able to catch and run, not jump or turn back which would have prevented a score. He regularly helped identify the many blitzes AZ sent and stood tall in the pocket looking off defenders and making throws to guys that were open. The one interception was not pretty, not sure who he was throwing to on that play, so we can give you that. Two interception in the last 12 games is pretty remarkable.

Not debating his play over the last few weeks. He's obviously the MVP. I just think he played poorly vs AZ. Not every QB misses the throws he missed. Still a little erratic accuracy wise

On 1/26/2016 at 8:07 PM, SuperFreak90 said:

Or for Von Miller...

Yes, Ware and Miller were the stars to most people. The actual stars, if you really look at the game and understand it was Wolf, Williams and the other guys who had constant push up the middle that prevented Brady from stepping up in the pocket. Brady is one of, along with Rodgers moving in the pocket, evading pressure to get off clean throws. The push up the middle, combined of course by the speed rush on the outside prevent Brady from stepping up like he normally would do. The Panthers do have a better o line than Patriots and one of the best G/C/G combos in the league. If the Broncos get that same push and flush Cam out side, or even worse, cause him to run backwards, it will be a long day. But to think that it's Ware and Miller is all they need, is misleading.

On 1/26/2016 at 8:20 PM, StephenIsLegend said:

Didn't Cam only have 23 throws? The thing that makes him look better is his running.  It masks some of the bad plays he has as a passer.

If you're going to come here and spout off about your team, at least be realistic.

Was I spouting? Cam was 19/28, good for nearly 68% against one of the top 3 secondaries in the league. And he was good for 73% the previous week prior against the top secondary in the league. Not enough pass attempts? Should he have thrown the ball 40 times with a big lead in either contest? His passing alone makes him look great, the running is an extra bonus. In his 28 pass attempts, all were from the pocket so he isn't a guy that depends on his legs before throwing either.

So if you want to try and correct me, at least get your numbers right.

3 minutes ago, NYPanther said:

Was I spouting? Cam was 19/28, good for nearly 68% against one of the top 3 secondaries in the league. And he was good for 73% the previous week prior against the top secondary in the league. Not enough pass attempts? Should he have thrown the ball 40 times with a big lead in either contest? His passing alone makes him look great, the running is an extra bonus. In his 28 pass attempts, all were from the pocket so he isn't a guy that depends on his legs before throwing either.

Nobody can deny facts.  Cam is an elite QB.

On 1/26/2016 at 11:27 AM, IrishTitansFan said:

Not debating his play over the last few weeks. He's obviously the MVP. I just think he played poorly vs AZ. Not every QB misses the throws he missed. Still a little erratic accuracy wise

Poorly? He only missed a total of 9 throws, 68% completion rate which is apparently so important here to the WCO guys. He had 335 yards and 2 passing td's. He added 2 more rushing TD's. Picked up a ton of first downs, especially on 3rd and long. Sometimes I think he intentionally gets in those 3rd and 12's just so he can pick up the difficult plays(not really but it's funny to think of it).

1 hour ago, NYPanther said:

You have to remember that I just don't give a shit. Haha. 

I'm still baffled you're on this site still. 

Continue on your "everyone has to love Cam" crusade elsewhere. 

1 hour ago, NYPanther said:

Well, I will fucking correct you. I'm probably the biggest numbers guys (despite appearances) on this MB. 

Cam is having a great year but...

1.) He's historically a sub60% passer. In fact, his last 2 years were his worst % wise.

2.) His last AND only +4k passing season was in 2011.

3.) Prior to this year, he never had more than 24 TD's in a season. 

4.) His rating (career) is 88.3

5.) In 2015, of all the QB's here's how he ranked in the following categories:

Comp% 28th

Int's 21st

Rating 8th

Yds/gm 24th

Sacks 28th

TD 4th

So while you think a guy who names his kid "Chosen" is the 2nd Coming of Joe Montana with a Cape, what you are failing to realize is that he has one of the BEST defenses ever to play the game, allowing him MANY more opportunities than his peers at the same position.

Carolina leads the league in turnover differential at +20 as opposed to the Titans 3rd from last with -14. 

If he didn't have that defense, Carolina & Cam wouldn't be jackshit. They would go back to the same record that they've had for the last 4 years (32-31) 2011-2014 w/"Superman."

*these numbers include ALL qbs, not just the ones who started all year. 

Edited by SleepingTitan

Heard a few interesting things about the SB today.....

All the money is pouring on the Panthers, casual betters and pros alike.

Heard Greg Cossel mention this today.... Manning's last 16 quarters in the playoffs have been terrible aside from the 1st quarter against NE last week.

The Seattle SB Manning was terrible, the next year against the Colts Manning was terrible, Manning didn't turn the ball over against the Steelers this season but he damn sure wasn't good and after the 1st quarter against NE Manning was pretty bad.

The Panthers basically just destroyed Wilson and Palmer the last two weeks.

This could get ugly for Manning