Jalen Ramsey in studio with 3HL at 4:00 CT.

ChesterCopperpot1

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I see. So Hargreaves = a "Verner" type and Ramsey more like a Revis? 

Hargreaves is a better prospect than Verner but yes, you could make that argument.

Ramsey projects more like a Patrick Peterson type.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Debating whether or not he's worthy of the 1st overall pick is a waste of time. If he's good enough to go #4 he's good enough to go #1. If he's your guy you take him regardless. 

Also, I'd draft Ramsey #1 overall and not think twice about it. But I'd also take calls on a trade to maximize value. I think Ramsey will be there are 4-5. If I can move down, get picks, and draft Ram

24 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Does Ramsey have return ability?

Yes. He returned kicks all season along side Kermit Whitfield. 

Cool tidbit about that, they each wear the same #. So Ramsey would change jerseys between plays. Charlie Ward gave permission for his #17 to be brought out of retirement for Jalen to wear on ST. He has a close relationship with him and admired his character and leadership. Jalen spoke at a Mentor Camp for him last year. He said he knew Jalen would represent the number well. Pretty awesome. 

11 minutes ago, ben4titans said:

Draft Ramsey, throw the bank at Eric Berry.  Hugely improves the defense and sells tickets.  

I realize it's a whole different situation when dealing with NFL caliber players vs. high school recruiting, but taking the Butch Jones approach to bringing in Legacy players could do wonders to boost fan support, something this team needs badly. By "Legacy", I'm referring to players who have obvious ties to the state, not so much lineage.

Edited by moosle

Somebody said would you take Chris Long over Charles Woodson. No, I wouldn't. But Id take Joey Bosa over Jalen Ramsey. 

This is why I hate comparisons. It's like when people were comparing McDaniels to Wiz. Most are OC's & assholes so they must be the same. Pete Carroll & Dave Campo were both nice guy DC's, they must be the same.

Bosa has easily been the premier defensive player in the county the last 2 years. He stepped on the field day one as a true freshman & was a dominant player. He's the best edge player against the run & as a pass rusher. Jalen Ramsey is a very nice player but isn't a true cover player with elite ball skills, you don't use a top pick on a guy like that.

BTW, the media is doing to Joey Bosa what they always do, downgrade him because he's not a freak like a current player. He's not JJ Watt, but you don't have to be to be a great #1 pick. If we get Jared Allen or Strahan, sign me up.

Same with Amari Cooper last year, he wasn't Julio Jones.

2 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I've been wondering, if we keep Mularkey the main factor floated around seems to be continuity for Marcus's development. That makes me wonder if the owners will force Tunsil in order to protect Marcus more effectively.

It's not popular around here, but I wouldn't mind it... If we couldn't trade out...

There is alot worse things on a football team than 2 bookend OT's for a decade to protect your Franchise QB for the next decade...

Draft is loaded with FS's, RB's and CB/DL... 

We could get two Ohio State players in rounds 2-4 that would be awesome for this defense... A guy like Vonn Bell at FS in 2, and Eli Apple at CB in 4

Seriously this board would honestly be that pissed off if we drafted Tunsil, and signed a RT in FA?

Tunsil would slide into LG day 1, we would have a starter at RT from FA... Our OL would be top notch... Plug and play a RB behind there, and Mariota gets plenty of time to examine the field and keep drives alive...

4 minutes ago, Kdub07 said:

Seriously this board would honestly be that pissed off if we drafted Tunsil, and signed a RT in FA?

Tunsil would slide into LG day 1, we would have a starter at RT from FA... Our OL would be top notch... Plug and play a RB behind there, and Mariota gets plenty of time to examine the field and keep drives alive...

Yes. The cowboys have the best offensive line in football and still managed to get their QB hurt.

And there's no way in hell I'd take somebody #1 overall to play guard, someone should get shot over that.

Edited by headhunter

2 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Yes. The cowboys have the best offensive line in football and still managed to get their QB hurt.

True...

The guy is something like 35 years old or 36 or something... Good injury history too... Been hit alot...

I see your point though