**OFFICIAL: Jon Robinson Named Titans GM**

Jonboy

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AAS 1. Fired Whiz 2. Let Webster go 3. Interviewed all the candidates we wanted and seemingly tried hard for DeCosta. 4. (Allegedly) Hired a GM we all liked. 5. The media has

Really want to enjoy this moment because on paper he seems like a great hire. Everything I've read today from Jeremiah, to Kiper, to countless others, has spoken very highly of him. The Mularkey

But I wanted Ballard...    

I'm assuming the press conference is Monday because there have two interviews tomorrow (Mularkey and Austin). Also, they know they aren't doing any interviews on Monday. It's seriously looking like it's to be Mularkey. We haven't heard any indication they have interest in any other coaches. How can you deny that all the known facts point to Mularkey?

155 candidates and apparently Mularkey was #1!

16 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I'm assuming the press conference is Monday because there have two interviews tomorrow (Mularkey and Austin). Also, they know they aren't doing any interviews on Monday. It's seriously looking like it's to be Mularkey. We haven't heard any indication they have interest in any other coaches. How can you deny that all the known facts point to Mularkey?

I'd like to offer some sort of rebuttal but I really can't since this all makes sense.  I suppose we could hope that the Pats lose on Saturday and see if there is any movement on the McDaniels front.

Oh and a positive thought, at least Webster isn't the GM anymore and I can hope that the Titans can hit on 2nd and 3rd rounders more frequently and they might be able to snag a few solid starters in the later rounds.

20 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

I'm nervous they're going to do that, wait it out over the weekend with the playoffs going on, then announce Mularkey on monday with him and Robinson having a joint PC

There are somethings that could point to the other side of the argument.

There's no reason to brag about 155 candidates if your plan is to stick with Mularkey. What's the point of even interviewing Marrone? Are Marrone and Austin (who could just be to satisfy the Rooney rule) supposed to convince us they ever started a coaching search in earnest? It seems like they can't be dumb enough to think that will fly. Fans will go ballistic if it's Mularkey, especially in the manner that it seems to be happening.

They've been making solid moves, and the whole time the media has been claiming they'll do the opposite of what they end up doing. That gives me some hope, it's just hard to remain optimistic in the face of the other facts.

7 hours ago, Titans279 said:

There are somethings that could point to the other side of the argument.

There's no reason to brag about 155 candidates if your plan is to stick with Mularkey. What's the point of even interviewing Marrone? Are Marrone and Austin (who could just be to satisfy the Rooney rule) supposed to convince us they ever started a coaching search in earnest? It seems like they can't be dumb enough to think that will fly. Fans will go ballistic if it's Mularkey, especially in the manner that it seems to be happening.

They've been making solid moves, and the whole time the media has been claiming they'll do the opposite of what they end up doing. That gives me some hope, it's just hard to remain optimistic in the face of the other facts.

Maybe the 155  have included position coaches.