More "camp" notes

reo

I hope so, because I think McRath can be a bigtime player on D for us. Some posters say he is no good, but I disagree. Last year, he showed promise at times. The 4-game suspension really hurt him.

What's funny is i remember people being excited about Tully and saying almost the same thing about him five years ago (that he had potential to be good and a big part of our defense). I'm pretty "meh" on whether we keep or lose him. I just want our defense to get better.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's funny is i remember people being excited about Tully and saying almost the same thing about him five years ago (that he had potential to be good and a big part of our defense). I'm pretty "meh" on whether we keep or lose him. I just want our defense to get better.

yeah but then we saw him play :D

I disagree. McRath was a below average performer on a bad defense. He doesn't diaganose plays well nor is he strong at the point of attack which is a huge problem for a Strong side backer. I'm not saying he can't turn into a decent LB in the future but I haven't seen anything that makes me think he is a long term answer either.

Of note:

Nickey had a big, early collision in seven-on-seven work with Marc Mariani as both went up for a pass from Ratliff that put the receiver at risk. It was the only obvious injury scare of the day. Both bounced up.

WTF is Nickey doing?

He doesn't even have a contract and he is already out there taking out our Pro Bowl returner.

What a freakin tool. Aren't there any local softball leagues this moron can join instead?

WTF is Nickey doing?

He doesn't even have a contract and he is already out there taking out our Pro Bowl returner.

What a freakin tool.

Please get this idiot off of the field. No freaking need for that. Can someone temporarily add him to the sexual offender registry so he can't step foot on Father Ryan's campus until this camp is over? [-( (No, not really.)

Nickey is the Titans bad penny... he just keeps showing up.

Also, here is hoping Curran gets into the mix at LB. I would be OK with Tully signing as long as the contract is not too big. Tully is a good tackler, is strong against the run, and a decent blitzer. Just keep him out of coverage as much as possible.

I loved the turnout. And it seems like Finnegan is definitely doing some damage control on his image issues from last year.

Has nothing to do with his image, its just that he realized the lack of leadership on the team and decided to step up...

You never know about Mason.

Dude is 37 and has one year left on his contract for 4.5million.

Even at 37, he can probably outperform Gage and Washington.

I can see him being a late cut in camp.

Worst case Mason can still be a very good slot WR imo. The main problem is I also like Williams and Mariani. Hopefully Williams can push for an outside spot w/ Britt. Nate is just not dependable and Gage just isn't that good.