Why do they only call bears "Bruins" in hockey?

There is nothing better than Game 7 of the Stanley Cup finals. I can't wait. Vancouver surprised Boston with how physical they were in game 5 and then they reverted to being a finesse team in game 6. I believe whichever team comes out and plays physical and stays out of the box will win. I also have more faith in Thomas than I do in Luongo at this stage of the series so will see who can get it done.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luongo has a reputation as a choker, but strangely enough he has seemed to play very well in big games through out his career. Hes played well in Vancouver this series so heres hoping that trend continues. going downtown tomorrow to watch the game outside on the big screen, they're estimating about 80,000 people down there, should be a good time! Cant wait for that puck to drop!

Bruins will win tonight. They have crushed every game in Boston, and lost all 3 games in Vancouver in extremely close games. Injuries/Suspensions will take their toll, and the Bruins will come out in top in a close one.

Dont even get me started on the suspension to Rome. It should have been a 2 minute interference call and thats it IMO. Anyways, there are rumors that Hamhuis is a game time decision. Hopefully he can go, we need some bodies back, and getting one of our first D pairings back definitely wouldnt hurt.

Dont even get me started on the suspension to Rome. It should have been a 2 minute interference call and thats it IMO. Anyways, there are rumors that Hamhuis is a game time decision. Hopefully he can go, we need some bodies back, and getting one of our first D pairings back definitely wouldnt hurt.

The hit was dirty as hell and he deserves every minute of the suspension. I know you are a Canucks fan but be realistic.

It was a second late. And they openly admitted that the reason he was suspended was because of the result, not the hit itself. I want to know why Boychuk wasn't suspended after his hit on Raymond. Clearly it was past the play, and Mason was in a vulnerable position with his head between boychuks legs and there wasn't even a penalty called on the play. The inconsistency on these calls is ridiculous. Also, oldschool I'm not sure if you have ever played hockey before, if you have then you know the first things they teach you is to keep your head up, dont watch your passes, and keep your stick on the ice...Im not condoning the late hit, as I said it should have been a penalty, but the injury would not have occurred had Horton followed those lessons.

It was more than a second late and there was intent. Also, Since you are a long time Hockey fan you should know the NHL has used the injury results of hits to determine punishment for years. This is nothing new. I agree that Horton put himself in a bad position by not keeping his head up but that doesn't excuse the hit. It was bush league. Honestly as a Canucks fan you should happy because the trade off of Boston losing Horton and Vancouver losing Rome is a net win for the Canucks.

I'll give you one thing though, the NHL is not consistant in how it handles these situations. Boychuk should also have been suspended for the series.

I'm never happy to see any player get hurt and miss time. Im a fan that wants my team to beat others at their best. Say what you want about Rome, but he was playing well and we have a banged up defense as it is. The thing that shocks me about this all is after a bad interference call, and a "bite" we're considered the dirty team! Its hilarious to me that a finesse team that has the Sedins on it would be considered dirty lol. Nevermind lucic and marchand punching our players in the face, or Chara pinning Daniel to the boards with about 5 or 6 repeated cross-checks...now I know this stuff happens both ways but the media bias on it, even up here in Canada is ridiculous and its like they are making it appear as we're the only ones doing it. Either let the players play, or call a consistent game.

I'm never happy to see any player get hurt and miss time. Im a fan that wants my team to beat others at their best. Say what you want about Rome, but he was playing well and we have a banged up defense as it is. The thing that shocks me about this all is after a bad interference call, and a "bite" we're considered the dirty team! Its hilarious to me that a finesse team that has the Sedins on it would be considered dirty lol. Nevermind lucic and marchand punching our players in the face, or Chara pinning Daniel to the boards with about 5 or 6 repeated cross-checks...now I know this stuff happens both ways but the media bias on it, even up here in Canada is ridiculous and its like they are making it appear as we're the only ones doing it. Either let the players play, or call a consistent game.

It's not just the bite and the hit. How about all the damn diving they do? LaPierre and Burrows are the worst of that bunch.

At least now after the Raymond hit things are starting to swing back to a more neutral stance, at least in the media. Another thing I also find hilarious on the Rome suspension is not only did the League Disciplinarian not make the decision on his own, he consulted a friend and Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke WHO WAS FIRED FROM THE CANUCKS ORGANIZATION!!! How this man got his job I'll never know. Hopefully Brendan Shanahan can bring back some respectability to the NHL on matters such as these.

At least now after the Raymond hit things are starting to swing back to a more neutral stance, at least in the media. Another thing I also find hilarious on the Rome suspension is not only did the League Disciplinarian not make the decision on his own, he consulted a friend and Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke WHO WAS FIRED FROM THE CANUCKS ORGANIZATION!!! How this man got his job I'll never know. Hopefully Brendan Shanahan can bring back some respectability to the NHL on matters such as these.

You just hit on one the reasons the American public hasn't fully embraced the NHL. Goodell, Stern, and Selig all have their faults but from top to bottom, the NFL, NBA, and MLB are professional outifts whereas the NHL appears to be run by a bunch of knuckleheads.