Sign in to follow this  
Omar

Astros

On 11/17/2019 at 12:43 PM, Omar said:

If it can be proven the Astros continued to do this after the Yankees and Red Sox were actually caught doing this in 2017, they may be in some trouble. My guess is MLB will not want to open this can of worms since it would have to investigate multiple teams. 
This is a result of technology and every team trying to get and edge and push it as far as they can. 

I can't believe what happened today, I am in total shock. Firing both Jeff Luhnow AND AJ Hinch after they got 1-year suspensions? :sad:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/01/13/houston-astros-penalties-sign-stealing/

It was a swift and powerful downfall for the duo who turned the Astros into an analytics-driven winning machine that produced a World Series title in 2017, now tainted by scandal.

====

Bill Belichick said,"They shuda been football coaches."  

37 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Alex Cora (Red Sox manager) is going to get a lengthy suspension and might get fired too.

The firing makes the organizations look bad imo. Even more so for Boston if Cora gets fired. 

42 minutes ago, TitansFan777 said:

Welp this story just keeps getting bigger. Now players were supposedly wearing buzzers?

MLB released a statement saying they found no evidence of that. Hours ago I believe 

1 hour ago, JakePA_Titan said:

MLB released a statement saying they found no evidence of that. Hours ago I believe 

Yup. They certainly did.

...and it’s about as believable as LSU saying Beckham’s cash was not real at first. 

15 minutes ago, TitansFan777 said:

Yup. They certainly did.

...and it’s about as believable as LSU saying Beckham’s cash was not real at first. 

You're right. Ppl believe what they want. 

Its not like this hurts the MLB any further if it's true. 

But conspiracies are all the rage these days. 

I agree that it won't hurt MLB for the most part. For the most part, nobody is really surprised at what went down. They know people do anything to gain a competitive advantage, and may really just be surprised of how extensive this case of sign stealing really is.

However, watching live, I wondered how in the hell Altuve was sitting on an 84mph offspeed pitch against Chapman, when you almost have to be geared up for 100+. I could see a reactionary slap hit or something, but he was timed up perfectly to smash offspeed. Either he guessed right on a 2-1 pitch, or he knew it was coming.  

He was perfectly squared up; he either knew what was coming, or it was one of the greatest guesses ever. Knowing what's been alleged now, his actions after the homer are highly suspect: from the preoccupation, after hitting an historic home run, of begging his teammates not to rip off his jersey, to leaving the field to change while his teammates celebrate, to his feeble answer to the question of why he asked his teammates not rip off his jersey ("uh, I don't know... um, I'm shy). MLB may not have found the fire, but there seems to be a lot of smoke. 

Edited by TitansFan777

3 hours ago, TitansFan777 said:

I agree that it won't hurt MLB for the most part. For the most part, nobody is really surprised at what went down. They know people do anything to gain a competitive advantage, and may really just be surprised of how extensive this case of sign stealing really is.

However, watching live, I wondered how in the hell Altuve was sitting on an 84mph offspeed pitch against Chapman, when you almost have to be geared up for 100+. I could see a reactionary slap hit or something, but he was timed up perfectly to smash offspeed. Either he guessed right on a 2-1 pitch, or he knew it was coming.  

He was perfectly squared up; he either knew what was coming, or it was one of the greatest guesses ever. Knowing what's been alleged now, his actions after the homer are highly suspect: from the preoccupation, after hitting an historic home run, of begging his teammates not to rip off his jersey, to leaving the field to change while his teammates celebrate, to his feeble answer to the question of why he asked his teammates not rip off his jersey ("uh, I don't know... um, I'm shy). MLB may not have found the fire, but there seems to be a lot of smoke. 

Opposing players said they heard signals coming from the dugout. Claps, whistling, other shit that would indicate offspeed or fastball. 

Not to mention Altuve is one of the better contact hitters in the league without help and Aroldis, even though still pretty good, is no longer the dominant pitcher he was back in CIN. 

But on this specific play, sure, he very well could have been tipped off. But maybe not. And I would imagine if there was some sort of buzzer, their offensive numbers would have been far greater than they were. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

ESPN hired a group to conduct a survey that showed 58% said the players should face discipline. 

I say lmao you crybaby pussies. 

Anything short of taking away the rings, banners, and trophies doesn't matter. 

Fine em, strip picks, fire managers. None of that matters. 

Dusty Baker is the new manager.  I'm kind of pulling for them to win the World Series since Baker has never won one as a manager.  He really should have won the 2002 World Series..but well shit happens.