Astros

Omar

I dont follow baseball that much but my team has always been the Lastros. I think I followed it a lot more before I found football, since there was only 3 channels on my TV back in the day. Just like basketball and the Rockets I usually wait until the playoffs to start paying more attention to it. I live near Lexington Ky now and went to some Legends games when they were the A club for Houston. They are either really hot or really cold this year.

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another Houston team completely fucked over by instant replay. That HR was clearly over the wall and they call fan interference? 

The 5th rotation spot means nothing come playoffs.    If Houston fails to win the WS this year (barring any devastating injuries), it will be a massive failure of a season. 

On 8/19/2016 at 5:45 PM, Btowner said:

Second half has been a disaster. Especially the offense. Springer is hitting .240 and Bregman .200 since the All-Star game.

Considering Bregman started off 1-32 (.031) and has gone 23-69 (.333) since being benched for 1 game, now he's a respectable .238 hitter.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

17 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Considering Bregman started off 1-32 (.031) and has gone 23-69 (.333) since being benched for 1 game, now he's a respectable .238 hitter.

Since I complained about Bregman and Springer, in the last two games, they've  beaten the Orioles 15-8 and 12-2 with Springer and Bregman going a combined 13-20, scoring 10 runs with 9 RBIs.

Hopefully, this is a start of another run.

Edited by Btowner

It took a while for Bregman to catch on, and Gurriel looks good so far, also Gattis has been playing better lately as well.

Instead of just Altuve, Correa, and Springer like it was early in the season, now they have a decent looking lineup from 1-9.

I think they have missed Luis Valbeuna being out with the hamstring injury. He was having a career season and their terrible post All-Star game performance seemed to have coincided with his injury.

He had a setback, it looks like he might be out even longer.

http://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/astros_valbuena_has_setback_could_be_out_for_season/s1_13180_21613300

Edited by Btowner

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:28 PM, Oiler FANatic said:
On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 10:28 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

Wow. Bregman's batting average is now up to .266 and is hitting .315 in his last 30 games.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to update this a little: 2.5 gb of the last WC spot held by Toronto at the moment.

But they and (SEA) have an easy schedule while the AL East teams will be beating each other up.  7 games left vs the LAA and 2 vs OAK.  Big 3 game series next week at home vs SEA.  SEA has a similar cupcake schedule except they play 2 games vs TOR,  and 7 vs MIN and OAK.

Detroit is ahead of both teams but they have a tough 4 game series next week vs the Indians.  They have a similar cupcake schedule the rest of the way 8 games vs MIN, KC and ATL.

Astros have a legit shot here.  I think one of those AL East teams won't make it, leaving the WC 2 spot to one of these three teams mentioned above.

• 1 month later...

Major moves today: acquire Brian McCann and cash for two hard throwing minor league pitchers.  Josh Reddick signed to a 4 year deal worth 52 million.

On 8/27/2016 at 7:20 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

This should be their starting lineup:

1. Springer, RF
  2. Bregman, 3B
  3. Altuve, 2B
  4. Correa, SS
  5. McCann C
  6. Gurriel, 1B
  7. Gattis, DH
  8. Reddick LF
  9. Marisnick, CF

I modified Oiler Fanatic's earlier starting lineup post.  Lineup looks solid and the amount they are paying McCann (11.5 million per year) is around what Jason Castro or Matt Wieter's would get in FA anyway.  They paid the market price for Reddick and it allows them to shift Bregman to 3b anyway.

Charlie Morton signing the other day however, I watched him pitch a ton with the Pirates and he will frustrate you.  He's VERY inconsistent.  In five starts:  he'll have one great one, two mediocre ones, one ok one, and one absolute stinker where he'll fail to get out of the third inning.  He also gets mashed by LH hitters.  Keep the antacids handy when he pitches.

• 5 months later...

Their starting lineup this year is looking good so far:

1. Springer, CF
  2. Altuve, 2B
  3. Reddick, RF
  4. Correa, SS
  5. McCann, C
  6. Beltran, DH
  7. Gurriel, 1B
  8. Gonzalez, LF
  9. Bregman, 3B
Edited by Oiler FANatic

• 2 weeks later...

True there won't be a wild card in the West, but as long as they can hold of the Rangers they're in good shape.

Although the Tigers might get beat out by the Yankees for a wild card, the AL East is so tough to win.