Astros

Omar

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another Houston team completely fucked over by instant replay. That HR was clearly over the wall and they call fan interference? 

The 5th rotation spot means nothing come playoffs.    If Houston fails to win the WS this year (barring any devastating injuries), it will be a massive failure of a season. 

Not a fan, but it's cool to see them back. Think they have a very good chance of making the playoffs. Probably still a few years away from being a true WS contender, but the future is bright. If they don't resign Kazmir, I would go after Zimmerman, Price, or Greinke in the offseason. If you get one of those guys with Keuchel and McCullers, that would be huge. I think they need to dump Carter, Gattis, and Rasmus. Get a few more bats who can make contact. They're not there yet, but this team has the core of a potential WS contender in the next 2-3 years. I really like their young talent.

Edited by socaltitan

I have been waiting a looong time for any original (not the Texans of course) Houston team to win the big one.  Rockets, Astros, Oilers (Titans).  And I'm still waiting!  One of you fucks, please, just... get... it... done... already... 

I have been waiting a looong time for any original (not the Texans of course) Houston team to win the big one.  Rockets, Astros, Oilers (Titans).  And I'm still waiting!  One of you fucks, please, just... get... it... done... already... 

Rockets won back to back  championships in 1994 and 1995.

Astros are the surprise of MLB this year.  Since they're in the AL now, I can't really hate them.  And since I hate the Angels out of all the AL West teams, I'll be rooting for the Astros.  The rumor mill says that they're close to picking up a starting pitcher from the Padres.  They have the minor league players to make it happen.

Speaking of which, the Padres have been a damn joke this year.  They've gotten ripped off on all their big trades from the offseason and they still have problems scoring runs.

Speaking of which, the Padres have been a damn joke this year.  They've gotten ripped off on all their big trades from the offseason and they still have problems scoring runs.

Which just goes to show you that a bunch of splashy moves doesn't necessarily equal wins. It's a very poorly constructed roster. There's smoke they're interested in Starlin Castro, which tells me they haven't learned anything if that's true. I don't know whose offseason moves have been worse. The Padres or Red Sox. Rick Porcello's contract might be the worst one in baseball.

Edited by socaltitan

Rockets won back to back  championships in 1994 and 1995.

Astros are the surprise of MLB this year.  Since they're in the AL now, I can't really hate them.  And since I hate the Angels out of all the AL West teams, I'll be rooting for the Astros.  The rumor mill says that they're close to picking up a starting pitcher from the Padres.  They have the minor league players to make it happen.

I completely forgot about Hakeem and Drexler those 2 years. lol Goddamn!  I paid more attention to the Hakeem and Ralph Sampson era than I did to the championship one.  I met my current g/f the same time as the championship run, and left the nba and baseball behind for a while, so was like it never happened to me.  I watch more nba now than I did in the mid 90's.

Been a fan since the Colt 45 days.  Suffered as much with them as I have the Oilers/Titans.  Love their new way of doing things.  They're building a strong foundation which could stand for years.  Front office is first class.  They're contending at least a year before I expected.  Look strong for the play offs or even possibly a division title.  Trade for Kazmir was a great move as he is a Houston native and is likely to stay around. Kuchel,McHugh,McCullers, Velasquez and Kazmir likely will be the best rotation in baseball and might be already. Correa, Altuve,Springer and Tucker all look like future stars.

Front office is first class. 

Luhnow's done a good job building the farm system. Should've took Bryant over Appel though. How much better would they be if they picked him...I don't like how the Bo Porter situation was handled so I hesitate to call them a first class FO, but they've done a good job. Helps when you suck for so long and get a lot of top picls.

Edited by socaltitan

I watch more nba now than I did in the mid 90's.

Opposite for me, I used to watch it a lot more when it was on NBC during the 90s.  Even though now there are more options to watch games, I find the regular season amount overkill now.

Luhnow's done a good job building the farm system. Should've took Bryant over Appel though. How much better would they be if they picked him...I don't like how the Bo Porter situation was handled so I hesitate to call them a first class FO, but they've done a good job. Helps when you suck for so long and get a lot of top picls.

They also botched the situation with their first round pick last year, Brady Aiken.  Anyway I'd also look into picking up another 1b as well as a starter.  1b might be tricky since there aren't that many available.

I wouldn't call the Aiken pick botched.  Baseball is not allowed to do the physical checks that the NFL does prior to the draft.  They can only do the extensive stuff after they make the pick.  When they got access to him, they discovered the elbow problem and  low balled their offer  and he wouldn't take it,  They were compensated for it by the second pick this year. I honestly don't know how they handled the Porter firing.  I thought he had a screw loose so I just thought --he's gone --so what?  I am concerned that Appel might be a bust.

How do you feel about them getting rid of the hill in center?

Not an Astros fan but I found Tal's Hill kinda cool and am sad that they are getting rid of it.  The flagpole was the most dangerous part of that I thought.  I'm shocked that there haven't been more injuries but I guess you have to really crush a ball to get it that area.

I've been a fan for several years, but due to my location, they've been hard to follow.  I'm closer to Arlington, so FSSW has mostly shown Rangers games.  Thanks to Root Sports, I've seen many.  Fun season thus far.