Astros

Omar

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another Houston team completely fucked over by instant replay. That HR was clearly over the wall and they call fan interference? 

The 5th rotation spot means nothing come playoffs.    If Houston fails to win the WS this year (barring any devastating injuries), it will be a massive failure of a season. 

I do not know much about the details of baseball.  In one of the World Series game, a batter slid into first.  Why?  It seems fully sprinting through first base would always be optimal, no? 

Edited by 9 Nines

20 minutes ago, 9 Nines said:

In one of the World Series game, a batter slid into first. Why? It seems fully sprinting through first base would always be optimal, no?

It never makes any sense when a runner slides into first. There was another instance after that when the same guy kept running instead of sliding, but he was still out on that play too. Both times the first baseman dove to tag the base after catching a ground ball.

1 hour ago, Oiler FANatic said:

It never makes any sense when a runner slides into first. There was another instance after that when the same guy kept running instead of sliding, but he was still out on that play too. Both times the first baseman dove to tag the base after catching a ground ball.

So just bad decision by the one sliding?  As I stated I do not know details.  I was thinking maybe the baseman has to tag the side of the bag the runner touches or some detail like that gives the base runner better odds or something.   Anything like that?  Or as long as the baseman touches any part of the base before the runner touches, the runner is out?  

Edited by 9 Nines