Is Tiger Wods finished?

OILERMAN

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

At this point in his career it's more about his stamina than anything else.  If his back feels good, he'll play in more tournaments and be more competitive.  If it doesn't, we will see him less and he won't be as good.

Not to compare myself to Tiger Woods or anything, but as a pretty serious amateur golfer around the same age, I can relate to the back issue.

Do you compete in amateur tournaments? 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10 years ago you'd have been crazy to think Tiger wouldn't break the record

He’s baaaaaack

His downfall was apologizing for waxing a ton of females. He should have told everyone to fuck off. People apologize way too much. 

Posted Images

9 hours ago, abenjami said:

5 1/2 years after you initially asked the question and after he won 3 more tournaments, including another major?  LOL

But no, Tiger isn't finished.  Sure, he's not dominating the field like he did 15-20 years ago but he's still a threat to win any given tournament.

Yea he's still a good golfer, he's ranked 38th in the world. He won 1 major after 11 years but he did miss the cut in his last major. 

BTW @CaliTitan3518 I almost shot my first round under par about two weeks ago.

I was -1 through 9.  I had 8 pars and a birdie on the front.  I hit 7 or 8 greens in regulation so this wasn't a nice round of being able to get up and down consistently,  But I wasn't putting them close enough to have more makeable birdie putts.

Then on 10, I put my drive into the lateral.  It was the only bad shot I hit all day.  I doubled 10 and was +1 after 10.

I had a couple makeable birdie putts on the back that I just didn't make.  I also bogeyed a hole and birdied 18 to end up at +1 for the day.

IIRC my card on the day was 1 double, 1 bogey, 14 pars and 2 birds.

Edited by abenjami

12 minutes ago, abenjami said:

BTW @CaliTitan3518 I almost shot my first round under par about two weeks ago.

I was -1 through 9.  I had 8 pars and a birdie on the front.  I hit 7 or 8 greens in regulation so this wasn't a nice round of being able to get up and down consistently,  But I wasn't putting them close enough to have more makeable birdie putts.

Then on 10, I put my drive into the lateral.  It was the only bad shot I hit all day.  I doubled 10 and was +1 after 10.

I had a couple makeable birdie putts on the back that I just didn't make.  I also bogeyed a hole and birdied 18 to end up at +1 for the day.

IIRC my card on the day was 1 double, 1 bogey, 14 pars and 2 birds.

Nice!

I'm lucky to break 90 but I also don't play very seriously. One day I will get more into it and actually care. Right now I'm a show up at my tee time, grab a beer, grip it and rip it kind of golfer. 

I'll stick to scramble and best ball tournaments to hide my inconsistency and lack of short game. 

10 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Nice!

I'm lucky to break 90 but I also don't play very seriously. One day I will get more into it and actually care. Right now I'm a show up at my tee time, grab a beer, grip it and rip it kind of golfer. 

I'll stick to scramble and best ball tournaments to hide my inconsistency and lack of short game. 

I'm still grab a beer, grip it and rip it myself a lot of the time.  While ideally I would like to hit about 50 balls before teeing off, that only happens about 50% of the time.  The other 50% I'm either showing up asap after work or trying to get out ahead of another group to ensure I don't have to sit behind them all afternoon.

I love the scramble format but pretty much every scramble tournament I've ever played in is won by a bunch of cheaters.  I played in one last year and the winning foursome claimed they shot 23 under.  That would be 13 birdies and 5 eagles. LOL

Most recent one I played in we shot -6 and got 2nd place by a stroke.  Winners shot -7 which is much more believable.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ctm said:

Tiger was involved in a single car rollover accident at 7:00 AM this morning.  Jaws-of-life was used to remove him from the vehicle.  He's in the hospital with undisclosed injuries.

Multiple leg injuries and needed surgery