Nick Saban

NashvilleNinja

I was watching a YouTube clip of the 49ers game vs. the Eagles back in 89 where Montana tossed 4 TD's in the 4th quarter and I saw the ticker that showed the Oilers and Bills game of that year (Oilers lost in OT 47-41...). Well I went looking into the Oilers that year and noticed on Pro Football Reference that Saban had coached the team's secondary in 88 & 89. Didn't know that and thought that was an interesting little side note.

Anyway, on to the purpose of this thread... anyone think this might be Saban's last year at 'Bama? As I was looking at his coaching history I noticed that he's never coached anywhere, whether as an assistant, a position coach, coordinator, or head coach for more than 5 years at time. This is his fifth season as Alabama's head coach.

Should 'Bama fans be bracing for a coaching change next year?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Where's he going to go? Each move for him was a move up. He said he always wanted to be an NFL head coach, but he didn't like it once he got it.

I think the only thing that'd make Saban leave Alabama is more NCAA trouble. He'd probably pull a Pete Carroll.

Other than that, I think he's at Bama until he retires. He IS 60 years old....

Archived