Sign in to follow this  
TitansGuru

Minor Board Upgrade Release Notes

Posting may be temporarily unavailable during these upgrades. These are minor updates and should take just a few minutes.

4.0.7 - 2 June 2015

In addition to many bug fixes and performance improvements, some specifics include:

• Fix for update checker not working
  • Search index efficiency improvements
  • Guest caching feature can now be used with MySQL (previously required a caching engine like memcached)
  • Fix for common problems with queue task locking
  • Topic-view loading efficient improvements that should also improve loading on iOS devices
Edited by TitansGuru

OzTitan   

Guru, out of curiosity what's the deal with the "guest caching" thing - was it because previously the table(s) used for caching required a user id to associate with?

Guru, out of curiosity what's the deal with the "guest caching" thing - was it because previously the table(s) used for caching required a user id to associate with?

​It's the entire page being cached. Members never see cached content, but guests are cached every 60 seconds. Not a lot, but it helps everyone.

4.0.8 - 15 June 2015

In addition to many bug fixes and performance improvements, some specifics include:

• New mobile pagination
  • Large cache sizes fix
  • Max width option for video embeds
  • Emojis disabled if database is not utf8mb4
  • Out of memory errors on larger sites fixed

A security update just came out a few minutes ago so I just updated the software.

Release notes below for those who care about release notes:

Version 4.1.19 of the IPS Community Suite is now available.

This includes a security patch and we recommend you upgrade as soon as possible.

This release focuses on bug fixes and performance. You should see speed improvements. New features include:

• A new moderator setting to restrict users from ignoring moderators.
  • A new group setting to allow members to lock their own content.
  • A new group setting to hide a group from filters in search.
  • When moving content moderators are now prompted for where you want to be redirected after the action.
  • Activity Streams can be created with condensed view as default.
  • An email is now sent when an account is locked for too many bad login attempts.
  • When editing a member in the AdminCP, it will now show how much of their messenger storage quota is being used.
Also included: 4.1.18.2

Fixes the following issues:

• SQL error when adding Commerce package or customer field.
  • SQL error when setting up topic archiving.
  • The ‘show reply’ button in notification popup reloads the page instead of loading content inline.
  • Opting out of security questions may not work.
  • Word filters not applying correctly.
  • Reordering custom profile fields may not work properly.
  • Draft or future blog entries may be included in the sitemap.
  • Rounding issue with half-percentage tax rates in Commerce.

Adds a "More Colors" option to the color dropdown in the editor.

Most of those don't impact people here and the details of the security update aren't included to protect other communities who's admins don't keep the software updated as quickly as this place.

9 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Previously noticed that "show this post for ignored users on mobile" was working again, after not working for some time.  Thanks for keeping the board up to date!

Well, I did let this slip for way too long since I didn't notice:

kuharky.PNG

:4_joy::4_joy::4_joy:

Seriously, it's been like that for years probably and nobody bothered to tell me. It wasn't until I corrected the spelling in someone else's title that I happened to notice it. The terror of having a misspelled word/name sit out there for all that time while people silently judged me but didn't say anything. lol

jphardy   

Sometimes when I go to quote a post, then decide not to make said post, I can't delete the quote box, and it follows me in every thread with "Your previous content has been restored".  I use mobile almost always, if that helps clarify things.