OTA Day 2 Talk

Mercalius

​Wish they talked more about how Mett was doing and how well he has played. I guess they are working under the assumption that there is no way Mariota doesn't start week 1

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When people talk about Sankey I feel like they somehow only saw the moment when he finally got brought down and somehow missed the 1 and at times 2 guys he had to make miss/run through to pick up a me

For the last 10 years camp has been the highlight of the Titans season. Let people enjoy it while it's here. Plenty of time for the usual depression, outrage, and disgust once the season starts 

​Wish they talked more about how Mett was doing and how well he has played. I guess they are working under the assumption that there is no way Mariota doesn't start week 1

In OTAs he (and all reporters for all NFL teams) can't report anything other than generalities unless it's something that was mentioned by a coach or player in an interview. That's why he only mentions the one good play specifically but then just says there were a few others he'd like back.

Same deal with Mariota and the "30 yard run" he had the other day. That was just one play out of the whole practice but that's one that players talked about so it's the one they all put in their articles.

I highly doubt this is in the ball park of what really happened. Hunter was not "balling out". The veterans called him Bambi because he could never stay on his feet. I think the jag ordeal came from him performing like shit instead of the high second round receiver they traded up for. Just another guy/camp fodder.... get your ass in gear.

​It's possible that it was punishment for a mistake but one thing I'm sure of is that Hunter was eating dudes alive in camp last year.

Britt was eating dudes alive in camp his last year here and then forgot how to catch in the regular season. Camp means jack.

​Don't you be all blaspheming up in this bitch!!!   

​Well, would much rather have the reports that he did make the throws than didn't, no matter how insignificant.

​I DON'T THINK THIS IS THE CASE.  But remember how fast Jake was picking up Whiz's offense and how sharp he was looking at OTAs last year.

I wasn't sure if this deserved its own thread, but apparently you can add Whitehurst to the list of people who are very impressed with Mariota.

http://espn.go.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/14262

ncf_marcusmariota_ms_65x90.jpg&h=125The thing that he does well is he throws the ball right when you come out of your breaks,” Walker said. “For receivers, that’s what you want. That gives you opportunity to get the ball before the defender can break on us. He does some good things.”

This is something we have never heard a receiver say.  This is what I want to see if Mariota can pull the trigger is games.  He's smart and has a quick mind.  He'll know based on the defender where his receiver are supposed to break.  If he had the balls to deliver the ball, his job and not worry if the receiver is going to make the break, their job, he could be pretty good.  Wright could be awesome if this happens and Wright doesn't design his own routes on the fly.

PK's on cam pieces are difficult to sit through.  

Though Charlie was complimentary, it's only two days in.  It's far from tabbing MM a star, the way Charlie did Mettenberger-per the Phil Simms radio piece.   But again, it's only two days in.  

​He does this thing with his mouth where his mouth opens sideways instead of ... I don't know ... the normal way.

I've never seen that british cartoon Wallace and Gromit but that's what it looks like:

Wallace-and-Gromit-A-Close-Shave-movies-