The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

Stranger

As for difficulty, this won't be a game to tread lightly for new people to the series... Took me multiple playthroughs of Witcher 2 to get used to how to interact with enemies. Def can't go in "guns blazing" but when it finally clicks and you get used to taking advantage of all the nuances it adds so much to the gameplay and not just a good story.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any of you guys stoked for The Witcher to be a Netflix Original series?

Quoted me before I could even edit my post. lol  Never know, depends on how bored I am if I finish GTA V by then.

Yeah, I feel you on the difficulty. It took me probably 60 tries to get past the first real boss on Bloodborne. But then it clicked and the difficulty of it has been a pure joy. It's one of the first

I'm still waiting on my copy to come in. I also bought the hard cover collectors edition guide too. One shipped via UPS, and the other USPS. Which means I will get the guide 1st because UPS usually waits until damn near the end of the day to drop off things I buy online.

I'm still waiting on my copy to come in. I also bought the hard cover collectors edition guide too. One shipped via UPS, and the other USPS. Which means I will get the guide 1st because UPS usually waits until damn near the end of the day to drop off things I buy online.

I downloaded it Sunday and played it for a few minutes last night since it unlocked at midnight UTC. Why would you buy a hard copy?

I downloaded it Sunday and played it for a few minutes last night since it unlocked at midnight UTC. Why would you buy a hard copy?

Because I don't mind swapping discs out, and bandwidth ain't free.  Also, I like getting the free bonuses for pre-ordering (Which I don't do too often). Amazon had a 48 page comic bundle included with the game that is supposed to precede the Killing Monsters trailer for the game.

You went with the Xbox One, IIRC, right? You can add external memory to it, I believe, but replacing the HDD inside of it voids the warranty. On the PS4 you can replace the HDD and it won't void the warranty, but you have to redownload all of your digital games. It doesn't support external memory AFAIK.  So if bandwidth isn't an issue and you can add an extra TB or 2 externally, I could see why digital makes more sense on the Xbox.

For Xbox One there is no difference in memory usage. When you have a disk it installs the exact same size as a game download. The easiest argument is the free stuff as you stated along with just having a physical preference. You could also say the game will be good enough to not take out so won't make a difference  :D

PS - I bought a 5 TB external on Ebay for dirt cheap (like $100) so worth it just for whenever there are good free games I don't need to constantly delete everything

If you go digital your game library is basically downloadable from the Xbox cloud at anytime. There is no need to have all of your games stored locally as it's unlikely you'll play more than a few of them at a time anyway. In short, storage is not an issue. And how the hell is bandwidth an issue for most people in 2015?

Edited by oldschool

If you go digital your game library is basically downloadable from the Xbox cloud at anytime. There is no need to have all of your games stored locally as it's unlikely you'll play more than a few of them at a time anyway. In short, storage is not an issue.

But he said he pays for bandwith so having to redownload 30 GB games goes against not being an issue.

About 5 hours in I am contemplating lowering the difficulty, I just don't want to cave this early because I know if I don't get used to the fighting style by a "trial by fire" scenario I will never learn to play on the harder difficulty.

For Xbox One there is no difference in memory usage. When you have a disk it installs the exact same size as a game download. The easiest argument is the free stuff as you stated along with just having a physical preference. You could also say the game will be good enough to not take out so won't make a difference  :D

PS - I bought a 5 TB external on Ebay for dirt cheap (like $100) so worth it just for whenever there are good free games I don't need to constantly delete everything

Yeah, the PS4 is the same way regarding the download size. In fact, I believe both systems only use the disc as a means of verifying you actually own the game. I know that on the PS4 the entire game is installed to the HDD.

And bandwidth aside, it really doesn't bother me to swap out discs when I want to play something else. Hell I've done it that way since the NES. Once the HDD on the PS4 gets too full, I'll delete a game or 2 off of it as I'm usually not playing more than 2 or 3 games at a time anyway. I think I read that both systems can hold something like 10 or 15 games installed at a time on the factory 500GB HDD.

Also one of the biggest factors for physical copies for me is resale value. I've only got a handful of games on the system currently, I've currently got GTA V, Dying Light, Shadow of Mordor, Far Cry 4, FFX/X-2 (For the Mrs.'s), and The Last of Us (Digital). Other than GTA V for random sandbox fun, and TLOU because it's digital, I'll likely never play through any of those games more than once. I'll trade them in towards something like The Phantom Pain when it releases in September.

If you go digital your game library is basically downloadable from the Xbox cloud at anytime. There is no need to have all of your games stored locally as it's unlikely you'll play more than a few of them at a time anyway. In short, storage is not an issue. And how the hell is bandwidth an issue for most people in 2015?

I was partially being tongue in cheek with the bandwidth comment. We've never had an issue with it, but we don't have an unlimited option here.

About 5 hours in I am contemplating lowering the difficulty, I just don't want to cave this early because I know if I don't get used to the fighting style by a "trial by fire" scenario I will never learn to play on the harder difficulty.

From the reviews I've read, they said that the 2nd half of the game was much easier than the 1st half, and that most people turned the difficulty up because of this.

I like a challenge, but I also don't enjoy dying more than a few times on one boss, so I will likely play on normal.

Holy shit there are a lot of peeps in the forum, both console and PC, having probs with this one.  Myself included.  When I try to start it through Steam, it tried to launch but immediately shuts down after flashing a bit of black on the screen.  Tried all I know to do, and also the solutions the forum posters have said, but I think I gotta wait for a patch of some type before I'm playing this thing.  Will check back later...

I've only played about an hour so far, but there are definitely some frame rate issues. Mostly during cut scenes.

Otherwise the game looks good, and the combat feels like it's going to offer the right amount of challenge.

Played for a couple more hours, and my biggest complaint with the game thus far is the text size. Sitting about 5-6 feet away from a 32inch TV and I have to strain to see the text. Thank goodness for the PS4 zoom feature.

Holy shit there are a lot of peeps in the forum, both console and PC, having probs with this one.  Myself included.  When I try to start it through Steam, it tried to launch but immediately shuts down after flashing a bit of black on the screen.  Tried all I know to do, and also the solutions the forum posters have said, but I think I gotta wait for a patch of some type before I'm playing this thing.  Will check back later...

Probably a long shot, but were any of the solutions you read related to the Intel integrated GPU? I've noticed a reasonably common theme lately in that new release games on Steam seem to have problems identifying a system's proper GPU when the Intel one is present, and this can sometimes be countered by manually overriding settings for the game within the GPU configuration (i.e Nvidia control panel).