Stranger

The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt

Stranger   

Anyone else picking this up on the 19th? I've got it preordered from Amazon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdMXAVhZPb0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF7kqc7th0A

Stranger   

Games seem very buggy lately.  I will probably try it a few months later.  I never played 1 nor 2.  I will probably try them first.

I've not played the 1st 2 either, but the developers have said they will explain any past stories in the 3rd game.

What bugs are you specifically talking about? I know there was a framerate issue on the PS4 review copy, but they said they were going to patch it when it releases. Most open world games are a bit buggy by nature.

Either way, the game looks like fun to me, plus I preordered early enough to get the Witcher hard cover comic included with my game.

Edited by Stranger

Reminds me to much of Skyrim for the PC.  I played that until I couldn't do anything else in there.  Now if I hadn't played Skyrim I'd probably get Wild Hunt, but I'll pass I think.

Right now I'm still playing Grand Theft Auto V for the PC.  Fun time there.

Edited by TitanedUpSince'70

Stranger   

Reminds me to much of Skyrim, which I played until I couldn't do anything else in there.  I'll pass on this one I think.

It's a bit like Skyrim, I suppose. They're both fantasy RPG's. The Witcher is more about monster slaying, and the world is huge as hell. Much larger than Skyrim, and even GTA V.

It's a bit like Skyrim, I suppose. They're both fantasy RPG's. The Witcher is more about monster slaying, and the world is huge as hell. Much larger than Skyrim, and even GTA V.

Quoted me before I could even edit my post. lol  Never know, depends on how bored I am if I finish GTA V by then.

Stranger   

Quoted me before I could even edit my post. lol  Never know, depends on how bored I am if I finish GTA V by then.

Wish I had a the funds to afford a good gaming PC, or even a gaming laptop. Would love to play GTA V, or a lot of other games with all of the mods available.

I think The Witcher 3 will be worth a buy even if you don't buy it day one and wait until it's in the bargain bin. Game looks great.

Bink   

I had Witcher 2 but wasn't able to get into it. I'm still playing Bloodborne and I love that game. It will probably tide me until Arkham. 

Stranger   

I had Witcher 2 but wasn't able to get into it. I'm still playing Bloodborne and I love that game. It will probably tide me until Arkham. 

Call me a filthy casual, but the difficulty of the souls games, and Bloodborne are a turn off for me. I enjoy a good challenge, but not at the expense of having to replay an area numerous times because of an impossible boss. I played Dark Souls for free via GWG on Xbox 360, and it just wasn't for me.

Arkham Knight is definitely a game that I have on my radar, but with all of the preorder DLC they've been promoting, I think I'm going to wait on it until they release a GOTY version with all of that included. I enjoyed the hell out of Arkham City.

The only other games I have on my day one 2015 buy list are Splatoon & Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U, and Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain on the PS4.

Bink   

Call me a filthy casual, but the difficulty of the souls games, and Bloodborne are a turn off for me. I enjoy a good challenge, but not at the expense of having to replay an area numerous times because of an impossible boss. I played Dark Souls for free via GWG on Xbox 360, and it just wasn't for me.

Arkham Knight is definitely a game that I have on my radar, but with all of the preorder DLC they've been promoting, I think I'm going to wait on it until they release a GOTY version with all of that included. I enjoyed the hell out of Arkham City.

The only other games I have on my day one 2015 buy list are Splatoon & Xenoblade Chronicles X for the Wii U, and Metal Gear Solid V The Phantom Pain on the PS4.

Yeah, I feel you on the difficulty. It took me probably 60 tries to get past the first real boss on Bloodborne. But then it clicked and the difficulty of it has been a pure joy. It's one of the first games I've really felt challenged by. When it gets cheap, it is definitely worth picking up--by then there will be so much stuff online the challenge should be mitigated. 

Ill probably download W3 on Tuesday (I'm all in on digital this generation) but I'm finding it harder and harder to enjoy gaming these days. The last game I bought was DA3 and it was underwhelming. Hopefully W3 doesn't disappoint.

Well, I finished the GTA V storyline last night.  Still a few things left I could do in there, but I saw a pre-release 10% off special on Steam today so I got W3 Wild Hunt. Hard to pass up and not sure if it would last after the release date so wth, bought!... http://store.steampowered.com/app/292030/

Might have to get a new video card to play it properly though. lol I have 2 cards in crossfire now but they are about 5 1/2 years old.

Edited by TitanedUpSince'70

Didn't read any of the previous posts yet but was going to make this thread... I honestly think this will be the best RPG of this console generation. 2 was amazing and CD Project Red def cares about the product they put out