Jump to content

If the Cavs win the NBA title this year, is LeBron the best ever?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​"Hey Nator, how was your memorial day weekend?"   "You know what?? FUCK Michael Jordan."

NO.      I'm a big fan of Lebron's actually--but Jordan? He doesn't sniff Jordan. I think time allows us to forget how truly great Jordan was. Not only was he easily the best, most dominant player-

I've never seen an easier path to the finals than Lebron's last four (including this year). Can anyone name a decent matchup they've faced to the finals? Talking about what Jordan had to go through co

Posted Images

2 hours ago, 'Nator said:

Is there any doubt now that the Cavs would have also won last year if not for Kyrie being out? There should not be any doubt. 

 

A year old, 20+ page debate is now settled. 

I think they would have easily won last year, no doubt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 'Nator said:

Is there any doubt now that the Cavs would have also won last year if not for Kyrie being out? There should not be any doubt. 

 

A year old, 20+ page debate is now settled. 

Does this also prove that Lebron isn't the greatest ever because he needs kyrie to win?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2016 at 5:28 AM, CaliTitan3518 said:

Does this also prove that Lebron isn't the greatest ever because he needs kyrie to win?

No way does this championship prove that the Cavs would've won last year without the injuries, but I'm not sure if you're being serious with that statement.

Last year, 2 of the Cavs big 3 were out.  That's like saying Jordan couldn't win without Pippen and Grant, or Pippen and Rodman; Bird without McHale and Parish; Magic without Kareem or Worthy.  Also, Lebron's done it on 2 totally different teams, and made the finals with 3 different teams (player wise), and he was the focus on all those teams.

Before Pippen finally hit his stride, Jordan was carrying the Bulls, and they couldn't make the Finals.  Lebron made the Finals the first time with a relatively weak team ...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html

While he averaged 27 points, the next guy averaged 14 points.  He had more points, blocks, steals, assists, and defensive rebounds than anyone on his team, and he practically carried them to the NBA finals.  Jordan could not do that, until his teammates finally stepped up.

Best ever is always going to be clouded and biased, because of the changes in rules, athletic ability, competition level, FA, favoritism, etc. come into play.

What Lebron has accomplished throughout his career is special.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OhNoMularkey said:

No way does this championship prove that the Cavs would've won last year without the injuries, but I'm not sure if you're being serious with that statement.

Last year, 2 of the Cavs big 3 were out.  That's like saying Jordan couldn't win without Pippen and Grant, or Pippen and Rodman; Bird without McHale and Parish; Magic without Kareem or Worthy.  Also, Lebron's done it on 2 totally different teams, and made the finals with 3 different teams (player wise), and he was the focus on all those teams.

Before Pippen finally hit his stride, Jordan was carrying the Bulls, and they couldn't make the Finals.  Lebron made the Finals the first time with a relatively weak team ...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2007.html

While he averaged 27 points, the next guy averaged 14 points.  He had more points, blocks, steals, assists, and defensive rebounds than anyone on his team, and he practically carried them to the NBA finals.  Jordan could not do that, until his teammates finally stepped up.

Best ever is always going to be clouded and biased, because of the changes in rules, athletic ability, competition level, FA, favoritism, etc. come into play.

What Lebron has accomplished throughout his career is special.

My comment was in regards to the title of the thread. Lebron didnt win with out Kyrie last year when it was being questioned that he could be regarded as the greatest winning with out his supporting cast. He didnt do it and he hasnt been able to do it. Im not knocking him for that. I was just pointing out the title.

I acknowledged in other threads that teams with multiple stars have dominated the championships. Lebron is a great player and has still many years to accomplish more. He knows he cant do it alone which is exactly why he took a big pay cut to team up with 2 other max contract players who took pay cuts in Miami. If Cleveland didnt have any franchise players like Kyrie then I highly doubt he would have gone back. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 years later...
On 5/21/2015 at 5:47 PM, TitanedUpSince'70 said:

 

Like I said in my post on this issue, if Jordan hadn't of left the NBA for baseball, he probably would have 1 or 2 more rings, and have 7 or 8 of them.  He would have virtually owned the whole fucking 90's decade of NBA.  When Bronson gets 6 rings lemme know!

Look at what Jordan accomplished in 13 years with Chicago. His resume and per game numbers are absurd. If he didn’t play those two years in Washington I think his per game average would be 32.0. Another way of looking at it is if Jordan didn’t have both his retirements, meaning he played from 84-03 , he’d be the all time points leader and steals leader. I also read somewhere that he’d be top 10 in all time assists

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 8/23/2020 at 9:15 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

It's criminal how LeBron was an MVP finalist this year instead of Doncic. I won't be the least bit surprised to see Luka win the MVP in 2021.

They both had solid seasons and neither will win the MVP.  IMO, they shouldn't even have awards this season.

 

But criminal?  LOL

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
On 8/25/2020 at 12:47 AM, abenjami said:

They both had solid seasons and neither will win the MVP.  IMO, they shouldn't even have awards this season.

 

He had his last great season in 2020, it's over. His twilight years have begun and LA is now stuck paying him $125M for 3 seasons of mediocrity.

 

I love reading all of the comments from their fans these days thinking that the Lakers will be the next dynasty now that the Warriors' is over.

 

They got lucky last season, it ain't happening again now that LeBron is basically used up. He can still put up decent numbers, but not MVP numbers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...
On 12/6/2020 at 2:10 PM, TitansFan777 said:

3 years of mediocrity is a bold take lol

 

It's looking like it now after both Davis and now LeBron suffered major injuries that could linger into the postseason.

 

They're 28-14 now and barely tied for second in the West. Who knows what happens for the Lakers with 30 games left. :unsure:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/20/2021 at 7:27 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

 

It's looking like it now after both Davis and now LeBron suffered major injuries that could linger into the postseason.

 

They're 28-14 now and barely tied for second in the West. Who knows what happens for the Lakers with 30 games left. :unsure:

 

Seems kinda obvious they limp into the playoffs while getting Davis/James healthy and then "upset" some higher seeds come playoff time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...