If the Cavs win the NBA title this year, is LeBron the best ever?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​"Hey Nator, how was your memorial day weekend?"   "You know what?? FUCK Michael Jordan."

NO.      I'm a big fan of Lebron's actually--but Jordan? He doesn't sniff Jordan. I think time allows us to forget how truly great Jordan was. Not only was he easily the best, most dominant player-

I've never seen an easier path to the finals than Lebron's last four (including this year). Can anyone name a decent matchup they've faced to the finals? Talking about what Jordan had to go through co

Posted Images

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/5/15/8611641/michael-jordan-vs-lebron-james-one-on-one-idiots-idiots-idiots-stupid-idiots

Polls find actual human idiots who think 52-year-old Michael Jordan could beat LeBron in 1-on-1

However, some huge idiots said a stupid idiot thing that is very easy to disagree with: A poll by Public Policy Polling and an online poll by ESPN both found that 34 percent of people think that 52-year-old Michael Jordan could beat LeBron James in a game of one-on-one if they played today.

http://www.sbnation.com/2015/5/15/8611641/michael-jordan-vs-lebron-james-one-on-one-idiots-idiots-idiots-stupid-idiots

Polls find actual human idiots who think 52-year-old Michael Jordan could beat LeBron in 1-on-1

However, some huge idiots said a stupid idiot thing that is very easy to disagree with: A poll by Public Policy Polling and an online poll by ESPN both found that 34 percent of people think that 52-year-old Michael Jordan could beat LeBron James in a game of one-on-one if they played today.

Folks just love to hate him. 

LOL

30 year old Jordan would have had a difficult time beating 30 year old LeBron.

1 on 1 basketball is so different. How they hell do we know who is going to be able to do what in that context? Could LeBron just shoot over Jordan? Is Jordan quick enough to run by LeBron? Who cares? 

I'm anxious to see how LeBron's game will adjust when his body finally starts to break down (it will eventually..right?). Jordan really worked on his low-post game and mastered the fadeaway late in his career, which played a huge role in the Bulls pulling off the second three-peat. 

Jordan is still comfortably ahead in my eyes, but LeBron's physical abilities haven't even started to deteriorate (even though he's 30). Who knows how long he'll be able to keep this up?

I'm anxious to see how LeBron's game will adjust when his body finally starts to break down (it will eventually..right?). Jordan really worked on his low-post game and mastered the fadeaway late in his career, which played a huge role in the Bulls pulling off the second three-peat. 

Jordan is still comfortably ahead in my eyes, but LeBron's physical abilities haven't even started to deteriorate (even though he's 30). Who knows how long he'll be able to keep this up?

LeBron is so physical. I think it reveals how truly rare a body (can't believe I just typed that) he has with his skill set. I think we will start to see him transition into more of a facilitator and post up player, saving his brutish charging and full-speed-can't be stopped drives to the basket for the post season. He won't bang as much as a stretch four probably, but I could see him go back to playing more point guard if the surrounding team is right. That pick and roll with Kyrie won't age, that's for certain. 

I also could see LeBron retiring a bit earlier than some might expect. If he wins one in Cleveland he could basically retire whenever and have an ironclad legacy, so that aspect is set. 

Pretty cool 538 feature (obviously not specific to Jordan only, but definitely relates to the discussion):

The '95-'96 @chicagobulls are the best NBA team of all time. http://t.co/Hcb4cPbthj pic.twitter.com/wjY8XAIbol

— FiveThirtyEight (@FiveThirtyEight)

May 21, 2015

Only 3 NBA teams have reached an 1800+ Elo rating: '96 Bulls, '97 Bulls, '86 Celtics. Warriors have a shot this year: http://t.co/KSaKwlK5K8

— Nate Silver (@NateSilver538)

May 21, 2015

Heard on the radio this morning Jordan averaged 44 points per game during the '86 playoffs. Jame's best year from a ppg standpoint, was '09 with 35 ppg.

How many assists and boards did they both average during those playoff years?

I think it's pretty well established that Jordan was more of a scorer and LeBron has been more of a team player.

Pretty cool 538 feature (obviously not specific to Jordan only, but definitely relates to the discussion):

Like I said in my post on this issue, if Jordan hadn't of left the NBA for baseball, he probably would have 1 or 2 more rings, and have 7 or 8 of them.  He would have virtually owned the whole fucking 90's decade of NBA.  When Bronson gets 6 rings lemme know!