If the Cavs win the NBA title this year, is LeBron the best ever?

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​"Hey Nator, how was your memorial day weekend?"   "You know what?? FUCK Michael Jordan."

NO.      I'm a big fan of Lebron's actually--but Jordan? He doesn't sniff Jordan. I think time allows us to forget how truly great Jordan was. Not only was he easily the best, most dominant player-

I've never seen an easier path to the finals than Lebron's last four (including this year). Can anyone name a decent matchup they've faced to the finals? Talking about what Jordan had to go through co

Posted Images

I always thought of Parish as being the old guy on that team. I thought he was there well before Bird. 

I always liked Robert Parish though because Robert liked the herb and his nickname was "Chief". 

Still I was a bigger 76er fan because of Dr. Fucking J. 

BTW Dr. Fucking J thinks he was as good as any of these guys. 

They didn't run "iso" plays in the day of Dr. J. You passed to the open man. Including at the end of games.  If Dr. J played like Jordan and James (and he wanted to) he would get his ass sent to the bench. I read Dr. J's book and he very much would have liked to have played in an offence that ran through him. He was already pretty old by the time Bird and those guys came along. 

​It's not an assumption that it's all him.  It IS all him (or mostly him).

I agree even the best players don't win by themselves.  However, LeBron has never had a supporting cast like Parish/McHale, Kareem/Worthy, etc.  Wade was a very good player before LeBron got to Miami and he certainly played a big role in their championships but he had injury issues and wasn't on the same level as those other guys while on the down side of his career and Bosh isn't even close.

The Lakers, Celtics, Bulls, etc. were still able to score, win games, and be highly competitive when their #1 guy was injured or had an off night.  When LeBron isn't on, his team gets smoked.

Wade was 22 and 19 in the two finals they won. He wasn't some chump in those finals and was more efficient for long stretches. 

Also, what do you all think Jordan's numbers would be if Pippen and Grabt went down in 93? He was already averaging 41 ppg. 

I always thought of Parish as being the old guy on that team. I thought he was there well before Bird. 

I always liked Robert Parish though because Robert liked the herb and his nickname was "Chief". 

Still I was a bigger 76er fan because of Dr. Fucking J. 

​Parish played for the Golden State Warriors for four years. The Celtics traded for him in 1981 in Bird's 2nd year. Boston had the #1 overall pick due to Auerbach fleecing someone in a trade some years prior (I think it was for Joe Joe White, not sure). They traded their #1 pick and a future #1 to the Warriors for Parish and the #3 pick which they used to pick McHale. 

Lebron is the most complete basketball player to ever play the game. He can not only play good, but dominate at every single position on the court. He can play 1,2,3,4, or 5. He is pretty much unguardable. Jordan is the greatest scorer of all time which some equate to the greatest player. I think Lebron has surpassed him.

​Lebron is way more comparable to Magic. A better scorer but not as good a passer. I think Lebron cracks the top 5 but MJ is so easily the best ever and no one will ever catch him

It's so hard to compare players across time because of the teams they play on at that time and the teams that have to play against.  Jordan on a bad team could have an Iverson career.   Kobe on a team and run like the Bulls had- is MJ.   

It's all so contextual 

​Jordan probably averages 50 ppg and they lose.

Yep, and the assists sky rocket. He would have averaged close to a triple double. 

I hate the quote function. @prag Kobe's team was every bit as good as, actually I would say better  than, any of Jordan's. Shaq was the most dominant player in the league during the 3peat. Kobe has never been close to as efficient, nor nearly the defender Jordan was. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

Yep, and the assists sky rocket. He would have averaged close to a triple double. 

​How do you figure Jordan's assists go up if he is scoring more points due to 2 other guys being hurt?

​How do you figure Jordan's assists go up if he is scoring more points due to 2 other guys being hurt?

​Jordan would never condescend to pass to JR Smith. Jordan would have probably murdered him after some of these nights and forced Mike Miller and Shawn Marion to operate his body weekend at Bernie's style. Interestingly, we've never seen Jordan on a team this bad, but Kobe was on some pretty bad teams post Shaq and pre-Gasol.