If the Cavs win the NBA title this year, is LeBron the best ever?

abenjami

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​"Hey Nator, how was your memorial day weekend?"   "You know what?? FUCK Michael Jordan."

NO.      I'm a big fan of Lebron's actually--but Jordan? He doesn't sniff Jordan. I think time allows us to forget how truly great Jordan was. Not only was he easily the best, most dominant player-

Posted Images

It's so hard to compare players across time because of the teams they play on at that time and the teams that have to play against.  Jordan on a bad team could have an Iverson career.   Kobe on a team and run like the Bulls had- is MJ.   

It's all so contextual 

Rules matter.  "Illegal defense" effectively makes every play an iso.

Jordan/Pippen as a defensive combo on the wing was absurdly good. Just absurd. LeBron is underrated as a  versatile defender I'd say. He can do more in the paint and I love his block game (Akron hammer highlights are my favorite). 

Yep, and the assists sky rocket. He would have averaged close to a triple double. 

I hate the quote function. @prag Kobe's team was every bit as good as, actually I would say better  than, any of Jordan's. Shaq was the most dominant player in the league during the 3peat. Kobe has never been close to as efficient, nor nearly the defender Jordan was. 

At Shaq's best season.. when the Lakers won 67 games... the only season when they got close to the Bulls season.. Kobe was 20 years old.   Jordan was still in college at 20.   His rookie year..he had a great season.. but lost in the playoffs.. with only a decent winning percentage. 

None of that is to say Kobe was better.. but that the context is everything. 

During the Bulls 72 win season- Jordan was 32.  

The only years that are close in comparison would be 2008- 2009.  Lakers were 67 and 15.  That roster was not near as good as 72 win season bulls. 

But if Lebron wins the title this season he's def in the discussion as best ever

Oman is running for the hills after saying Bon Voyage to the Other Sports forum!

I guess LeBron isn't the best ever after all...

LeBron is like Shaq -- any team with him is a contender, but he needs a shooter to close the deal.

LeBron is like Shaq -- any team with him is a contender, but he needs a shooter to close the deal.

Yeah, but you can say that about any other elite player in history. Basketball gets a rep as being all about individual talent, but it's still a team sport, even in today's me-first era. It doesn't matter who you are or how good you are. If you don't have a good enough supporting cast you're not going to close the deal.

I would agree with this for now.  2 championships vs. 6 is a big difference IMO.

It's not just about championships though. Those are just the end results or the tangible evidence.

There's already been too much discussion about it in this thread already, so I'll just say that I remain convinced after watching the Finals that Jordan is the superior player. 

It's not just about championships though. Those are just the end results or the tangible evidence.

There's already been too much discussion about it in this thread already, so I'll just say that I remain convinced after watching the Finals that Jordan is the superior player. 

Oh I agree it's not just about championships.  Those are a factor though IMO.

Do you believe Jordan beats Golden State with Lebron's team?

Oh I agree it's not just about championships.  Those are a factor though IMO.

Do you believe Jordan beats Golden State with Lebron's team?

I believe that Jordan could have maneuvered the team better than LeBron. I believe Jordan wouldn't have goofed the ball away the way LeBron did at times or miss some of the shots LeBron missed in crunch time. Jordan wasn't perfect, but he always played the best at the biggest moments. It's one of the reasons why he has 6 rings.

Whether or not that means he leads the Cavs to the championship win I don't know, but it wouldn't be a surprise to me if he took them into overtime in game 7 and the game ended in a one-point difference.