If the Cavs win the NBA title this year, is LeBron the best ever?

abenjami

Lebron is the most complete basketball player to ever play the game. He can not only play good, but dominate at every single position on the court. He can play 1,2,3,4, or 5. He is pretty much unguardable. Jordan is the greatest scorer of all time which some equate to the greatest player. I think Lebron has surpassed him.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

​"Hey Nator, how was your memorial day weekend?"   "You know what?? FUCK Michael Jordan."

NO.      I'm a big fan of Lebron's actually--but Jordan? He doesn't sniff Jordan. I think time allows us to forget how truly great Jordan was. Not only was he easily the best, most dominant player-

Posted Images

Lebron is the most complete basketball player to ever play the game. He can not only play good, but dominate at every single position on the court. He can play 1,2,3,4, or 5. He is pretty much unguardable. Jordan is the greatest scorer of all time which some equate to the greatest player. I think Lebron has surpassed him.

Man, though, I just don't agree. I have watched both LeBron and Jordan more than any two players. LeBron's performance doesn't bear it out compared to Jordan, especially at this point in his career. Jordan was unbelievably dominant on both sides of the ball. Labeling him as a scorer misses the point. 

The best comparison to LeBron is Magic. Magic was actually a more complete player in the way you are describing it--he actually started Center in an NBA finals series. 

Edited by Bink

Man, though, this is just fundamentally wrong. I'm not trying to be an asshole or anything, but I watch and review a lot of basketball. I have watched both LeBron and Jordan more than any two players. LeBron's performance doesn't bear it out compared to Jordan, especially at this point in his career. Jordan was unbelievably dominant on both sides of the ball. Labeling him as a scorer misses the point. 

The best comparison to LeBron is Magic. Magic was actually a more complete player in the way you are describing it--he actually started Center in an NBA finals series. 

I know Jordan was an excellent defender as well. This is just how I see Lebron at this point.

i also don't see how this is fundmentally wrong. Lebron could play any position on the court and dominate. 

Edited by Dmeade-

I'd take Kobe over LeBron and I'd take Shaq over Kobe.

I'd take Michael Jordan over anyone in NBA history.

Era, schmera. Stats, schmats. There's no argument convincing enough to sway me otherwise. 

​Kobe's a horribly overrated player.  I would take Lebron over Kobe.  And Kobe has a horrible percentage on last second shots.  Advanced metrics/stats are not favorable to Kobe at all.

I'd compare LeBron to Peyton Manning. Guys like Brady and Montanna have more rings but if you were starting a team from scratch you'd take Manning. Same for LeBron, if you were building a team you start with him.

@OILERMAN, I'd start with MJ and beat you in the Finals every year.

​MJ went something like 6 years before reaching the finals, after they added Pippen and the team was great all around and had an all time HC.

LeBrown drags scrubs to the finals

​MJ went something like 6 years before reaching the finals, after they added Pippen and the team was great all around and had an all time HC.

LeBrown drags scrubs to the finals

Yeah... like MJ wouldn't be doing the same in today's NBA.