Reminder: Pre-Draft Press Conference is at 2:00 today. (LINK INSIDE)

TitansGuru

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any word on how they will address Mett's trade demands?

I don't see how you can say that both MM/Winston are franchise QBs are seriously consider trading the pick.  I understand exploring all options just to do diligence, but they literally said both guys

I've resigned myself to the fact Mariota is the pick but I have strong reservations about him ever being a franchise QB. Let's all hope I'm wrong.

Watched Wisenhunt's face when he talked about adding schemes to accommodate Mariota.

He's lying his ass off. I am sure of it.

Tex

Do you recall the time stamp of it?  I Want to watch it again. 

I found it.

Its the 11:30 mark

Edited by 9 Nines

Watched Wisenhunt's face when he talked about adding schemes to accommodate Mariota.

He's lying his ass off. I am sure of it.

Tex

For real right.. In between talking trade possibilities..scouting other players...and just general hc stuff he's taking tike to draw up plays for a guy who might not even be on the board...though he is almost sure to be there's still a chance

Tex in a Can makes a good point about Whisenhunt's reaction pointing to him lying when he says he would incorporate spread concepts into his playbook.

It is at the 11:30 mark - go watch it.

After finding and seeing it again, I went back to watch all of Whisenhunt's talk.    Through pretty much all the rest of other questions and answers, he sits pretty still and makes straight eye contact with people, and has very consistent mannerism with no nervous tendencies but as that question is being asked, Whisenhunt starts rapidly running each hand down each of his legs, tilting his body forwarded then pressing back and starts nodding rapidly like he is pretty anxious to answer then kind of a timidly rushes out, "sure, sure we will" with kind of a pronounced frown and then he starts looking down before explaining further.

Kind of weird that it is a marked change in his mannerism, especially the fast hand pumping on his legs as if if he was nervous to answer.   Something about that question made him nervous.  

Edited by 9 Nines

I was under the impression that both transcripts and audio recordings are regularly used. I kind of like that the idea of a written copy of everything though I agree that if you had to settle for one audio is superior.

That might be true some places. It certainly isn't here. We still have a reporter who uses shorthand to record everything said. You can't even audio record if you want to.

They might take Marcus, I don't know?  But, I'm leaning they're not.  They have not throughout this whole process given any definitive answer, and why would they?  They've talked QB's all along yes, but been asked almost nothing but QB questions all along.  They've said they need to solidify QB, but there's more than one way to do that.  You can solidify QB by bolstering the roster around your top QB.  They pointed to Mett getting hurt/not getting a W, but went to the trouble to not lay all of that at his feet.  They've played the whole thing close to the vest, just perfectly.  No complaints here. 

I'm kind of annoyed that they didn't get asked about any other specific players other than Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota.

One has real nfl experience and the other doesn't. One will have a clear advantage over the playbook, offense and team around him the other will be a rookie learning thr offense, plays and calls. Both have weaknesss and nth have strengths. If the Titans have to take a quarterback because they feel metternberger is not the answer they better be damn sure this guy is the answer. If this team fails on another quarterback kiss this franchise good bye.

If I was the Titans I'd build the team around Mettenberger because I felt he did some good stuff last year with possibly the worst roster in the NFL. I see why they want either Winston or Mariota because Mett wasn't in their plans

Tex in a Can makes a good point about Whisenhunt's reaction pointing to him lying when he says he would incorporate spread concepts into his playbook.

It is at the 11:30 mark - go watch it.

After finding and seeing it again, I went back to watch all of Whisenhunt's talk.    Through pretty much all the rest of other questions and answers, he sits pretty still and makes straight eye contact with people, and has very consistent mannerism with no nervous tendencies but as that question is being asked, Whisenhunt starts rapidly running each hand down each of his legs, tilting his body forwarded then pressing back and starts nodding rapidly like he is pretty anxious to answer then kind of a timidly rushes out, "sure, sure we will" with kind of a pronounced frown and then he starts looking down before explaining further.

Kind of weird that it is a marked change in his mannerism, especially the fast hand pumping on his legs as if if he was nervous to answer.   Something about that question made him nervous.  

9 Nines everybody! The master of body language!