The smoke is increasing in San Diego

Bulluck4dmvp

• Replies 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The ceiling with Rivers is the Super Bowl, people. Let's just get that out of the way. It's not the expectation...but it's absolutely possible with a guy like him under center. Think of all the p

Id love to have him but giving the second pick straight up for a QB with three good years left would be very foolish.

Yeah, this article backs up the Rivers straight up for the #2 pick.  I have a really bad feeling that this is what we do on draft day.  I think Whiz wants him that badly.

You need to start preparing yourself.

Edited by japan

Yeah, this article backs up the Rivers straight up for the #2 pick.  I have a really bad feeling that this is what we do on draft day.  I think Whiz wants him that badly.

You need to start preparing yourself.

I think if SD played their cards right, wait until moments just before our pick and tell Whisenhunt they'll give him Rivers for 1, 2, and 3, Whisenhunt would break down like a kid in a candy store.  

The problem with both trade scenarios would probably seem to be compensation.

Chargers want to trade Rivers for the #2 straight up but the Titans want the #17 as well. Unless the Chargers cave, no deal.

Bears want to trade Cutler and the #7 for the Titans #2 but the Titans probably want more. Unless the Bears cave, no deal.

In the end if neither caves it'll be Mariota or Williams.

When we got the #2 pick, I really couldn't imagine there was a way to really screw it up.  The draft is where you get next talent to build your franchise.  Rivers is evpensive and at the back end of his career.  I think let them have pick #33.  Why trade away the future for short term success?  A deal like this is for a team that needs one more piece whose window is closing.

When we got the #2 pick, I really couldn't imagine there was a way to really screw it up.  The draft is where you get next talent to build your franchise.  Rivers is evpensive and at the back end of his career.  I think let them have pick #33.  Why trade away the future for short term success?  A deal like this is for a team that needs one more piece whose window is closing.

Unfortunately, this is the safest short term solution for everyone....owners, GM, and coaches.   It helps to fill seats, give a face to the franchise, and likely put Whisenhunt in the best position to win games.

I am not fond of a straight up trade for #2, but I can see the situation everyone in an uncomfortably warm seat is looking at this option.  

Edited by Rogue

I have to say I'm really surprised about the apparent lack of excitement over the potential of acquiring a top 5-7 QB in the league, something the franchise has not had in over a decade (ironically also the last time the franchise won a playoff game).

This almost feels like the Manning thing where fans didn't want him because he was too old and Locker wouldn't get playing time. How'd that work out?

I like Mettenberger as most of you know but only on TitansReport would fans prefer to go with the unproven 6th round QB with zero wins under his belt who has appeared in parts of 7 games that has not played a full season in 3 years than a guy who's been to the Pro Bowl 5 times, finished 2nd in passer rating just two years ago in the exact same system that he'd be playing in for the Titans and only didn't win because the guy in front, Peyton Manning, had an historic year and has finished in the top 7 in passer rating 4 times, is 5th active and 6th all-time in that stat and has shown a knack to elevate his team's play when he's played with a team with little talent (something he'll have if he comes to Tennessee) and is 7th among active QB's in comeback victories.

But he may get hurt. Stay away. In other news the sun might not rise tomorrow.  We better all just stay in our homes because it might get dark and cold with the potential of the sun not rising.

Unbelievable if you ask me.

Edited by scine09