Daredevil

volntitan

First let me say, I'm not a comics guy, but enjoy the "superhero" shows/movies. I just don't know the mythology of many of the superheroes from comics and daredevil is no exception.

Watched daredevil this weekend. Awesome. Dark and violent. Good acting and writing. Wife enjoyed it also. I'm speaking in past tense because we ended up binge watching the whole series...just hooked.

Really recommend it on Netflix.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

First let me say, I'm not a comics guy, but enjoy the "superhero" shows/movies. I just don't know the mythology of many of the superheroes from comics and daredevil is no exception. Watched dared

If you guys fell off watching the Netflix shows...you really need to come back for season 3 of Daredevil. It's the best of Netflix's Marvel shows to date and it's not even close. Absolutely stellar. D

• 3 weeks later...

Daredevil watchers, this just blew my mind. Recognize anyone? 

2236258,4ed6S3v2zWk1GD6UDxN8BlwT0pTtOMus

yeah, I realized that too :)

Good show btw. I caught up over the weekend. Had a bachelor party Friday night so I had plenty of time on the couch recovering Saturday lol

Love the show... A couple things especially...the more adult level violence and serious tone are awesome And im not sure there is anything else on its level as far as marvel goes in those regards. A couple things i didnt like/seemed weird to be...spoiler alert Below!

drove me nuts it took until the final episode to get his bad ass suit! And his battles seemed almost uneven at times... He'd whipe the floor with 5 thugs very easily then for some reason it would take like 7 minutes to defeat the handicap tailor. Also would have preferred them show off kingpins power little more. I know he was never superhuman but he seemed to ordinary throughout. Hopefully that changes after that awesome moment of realization he had in the police transport and sometime in prison!

Im excited for the whats next in this show and more importantly what it means for marvel/dc content in the future. Ill die if they put out some new punisher stuff like this.

Daredevil watchers, this just blew my mind. Recognize anyone?

2236258,4ed6S3v2zWk1GD6UDxN8BlwT0pTtOMus

The bash bros! Those fucking movies made roller blading seem so cool when i was a kid. Still go back at watch thw triology every few years! Haha

• 1 month later...

@‌bink thanks for posting that image!!! I knew he looked familiar and when I looked him up on IMDB I only scrolled through the known for and got lazy and gave up.

I'm not really a fan of who they went with for the Punisher. http://www.geek.com/news/punisher-will-appear-on-daredevil-season-2-played-by-shane-from-the-walking-dead-1624754/ I think it's mainly my disdain for him from Walking Dead though.

@‌bink thanks for posting that image!!! I knew he looked familiar and when I looked him up on IMDB I only scrolled through the known for and got lazy and gave up.

I'm not really a fan of who they went with for the Punisher. http://www.geek.com/news/punisher-will-appear-on-daredevil-season-2-played-by-shane-from-the-walking-dead-1624754/ I think it's mainly my disdain for him from Walking Dead though.

​I like the choice for the same reason. I think Shane's attitude overlaps some with the dickish Castle. 

• 2 months later...

I finally got around to watching Daredevil over the last 3 days. Good show. They did a good job of picking a hero that doesn't really require a big special effects budget and the fight scenes can be more easily edited in dark. But the writing was good and that's what makes it work. 

As for the suit not showing up until the end, I think that worked. It was kind of like Batman Year One where Matt was just learning about what he was going to be. It takes time to work out the costume. And I liked how they worked it into the story.