Jamaal Charles and my Keeper money League

I need some advice. I run a Keeper league where we retain 4 players each year, 2 on O and 2 on D. There are no penalties for keeping a player (i.e. you forfeit your 1st rounder if you keep a guy like AP or CJ). Right now I have Brees and Charles as my two offensive Keepers and no other potential Keepers at QB or RB other than Ryan Matthews. To complicate matters further, we play with a salary cap and roster limits so it will be expensive for me to keep a guy who doesn't play all year. The question is this:

Should I keep Charles on my roster and suffer the cap hit for this year with the idea if designating him as a keeper for 2012? Or should I just cut bait now?

Cut bait. Mathews might be a keeper. The guy is a stud and continues to get better every week. The only thing holding him back in fantasy is Tolbert who's time might be short after trying to do his best Barry Sanders impression way too many times.

I went ahead and cut Charles. There just wasnt any point in hanging onto him in the hopes he comes back 100% next year. Even with all the advancements in Medicine over the past 10 years, It usually takes 2 years to recover fully. I hope Matthews turns out to be a keeper. If not, I'll have to go RB in round 1 next year, lol.

Archived