When does CJ find his game?

NashvilleNinja

Chris Johnson is a playmaker.

He should line up in all different positions and used in all different types of packages.

Sometimes he can be a RB, sometimes he can motion out, sometimes he can be a WR, sometimes he can run a reverse, sometimes he can be a decoy on a fake reverse or on a pass play.

But Javon Ringer should be the every down back IMO.

You completely misjudge CJ b/c he's fast. He's not Bush. he's not Sproles. He's a N/S runner w/ great speed. You put him in the backfield and take advantage of teams stacking against him. You really think Britt was single covered on the outside a lot b/c they didn't respect him? The Ravens came into this game expecting to try and stop CJ (they said as much) and MH beat them b/c of it.

From Ray Lewis:

(on stopping Chris Johnson as the focus of the plan)

Any time you have a home run hitter like that, that is the focus. The focus was Chris Johnson and we got after him. We really got after him and that is a credit to everything we focused on. Each team you are going to focus on some individuals here or there. They went away from that. They saw that we were really getting after him and they started throwing the ball. Hasselbeck is a veteran quarterback. He stood out there and got the ball out quickly.

(on playing Chris Johnson)

Knowing how he plays you saw how many times he reversed out on people. He is one of those home run hitters speed wise. You let him get an edge on you, you let him get the corner on you and he is out the gate. Integrity-wise we attacked the gaps very well and everybody won their one on one battles in the run game. That is why I think the results were what they were in the run game

But let's not listen to one of the best LBs to every play the game.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think this is all part of Scine's master plan to argue his way onto an NFL roster as the RB. I called it first.

You completely misjudge CJ b/c he's fast. He's not Bush. he's not Sproles. He's a N/S runner w/ great speed. You put him in the backfield and take advantage of teams stacking against him. You really t

RB skills don't matter. It's all OL. Also, the OL doesn't matter because it's really the QB. Then, clearly QBs are just a product of the scheme. The value of the scheme is relative to the defens

Wouldn't surprise me

Last week I predicted we'd beat the Ravens.

This week...I think CJ shuts everyone up and rushes for over 150.

Definitely wouldn't surprise me.

Although from what I remember Denver had a pretty good plan against Johnson last year.

Chris Johnson is a playmaker.

He should line up in all different positions and used in all different types of packages.

Sometimes he can be a RB, sometimes he can motion out, sometimes he can be a WR, sometimes he can run a reverse, sometimes he can be a decoy on a fake reverse or on a pass play.

But Javon Ringer should be the every down back IMO.

I don't know about this. I do know that CJ can't catch.

I don't know about this. I do know that CJ can't catch.

Lol. He dropped ONE ball! No one brought this up last week bc CJ caught everything thrown his way. Now he has one drop and he suddenly can't catch again. You people are ridiculous.

Lol. He dropped ONE ball! No one brought this up last week bc CJ caught everything thrown his way. Now he has one drop and he suddenly can't catch again. You people are ridiculous.

He dropped more than one ball. He cannot and never has been able to adjust to a ball not thrown perfectly. Plus, if anyone is even remotely close to him he will drop it. The guy just has awful hands. This is why the idea of using him like a Bush-type back has been so laughable all these years.

I have a question about CJ...why is he always standing still when he gets the check down dump off passes? That is why he always gets tackled hard when/if he catches a pass. Look at what Matt Forte was doing when he caught all those check downs yest, he was moving and always picked up big yards.

Last week I predicted we'd beat the Ravens.

This week...I think CJ shuts everyone up and rushes for over 150.

Ravens are an elite run D

No one runs on them w/ Mount Cody and Ngata

And I agree, I think CJ will have a big game against DEN

DEN was last against the run last year and haven't been much better so far this year

They have no DT

And their three best D players (Bailey, Dumervil, and Von Miller) are geared to stop the pass.

The Ravens were 5th last year against the run at 93 yards per game.

The Titans ran for 74 yards slightly under what other teams averaged last year.

Johnson is obviously a little behind but I don't buy into him not having the same speed and quickness.

What I'm seeing is his timing is off a little as well as his vision. Things correctable with practice and game reps.

Now what I'm really not happy about is this OC still hasn't figured out we need to get CJ in plays where his speed is a factor. Especially on pass routes. With his speed CJ should be running outs, slants and crossing routes where LBs and Ss have to chase him and where he can make something heppen when he catches the ball. He is still catching the ball while he is stationary with his back to the defense. It is crazy.

In defense of Palmer, I saw CJ lined up as a WR yesterday.

In defense of Palmer, I saw CJ lined up as a WR yesterday.

I noticed two plays where they motioned CJ out of the backfield.....and even though he wasn't targeted on either play, it still served a purpose.

As I recall, the first time they did it, Suggs followed him out there in coverage....which eliminated Suggs as a potential pass rusher on that play. (No small consideration, there). The second time, #53 McClain followed him out there.

The significance of this is that, in both cases, motioning CJ out of the backfield made it more difficult for the defense to disguise which LB's were blitzers and which ones were in coverage; in effect, it forced the defense to show their hand a bit, and made it easier for the QB and O-line to determine which protection to call. (In fact, the second time they did it, it looked as if MH saw something and instructed CJ to go in motion.....perhaps for the very purpose of making the Ravens tip their hand a bit.)

That said....if opponents continue to cover CJ with a single LB thinking he's just a decoy, don't be surprised to see a WR screen thrown his way. in the past couple weeks, both Britt and Washington have had considerable success with WR screens, and have consistently turned them into chunks of yardage. Given his acceleration and ridiculous change-of-direction, I would think CJ would fare quite well, also.

RB skills don't matter. It's all OL.

Also, the OL doesn't matter because it's really the QB.

Then, clearly QBs are just a product of the scheme.

The value of the scheme is relative to the defense you're up against.

The defense is only as good as the athletes you can put in there.

It's all on the GM to draft the right guys.

The GMs just listen to the media hype when scouting players.

The media just pick up on the bloggers opinions

The bloggers pick up their ideas of the message boards.

Titans Report is the most respected Titans message board.

Scine make 10 freaking posts a day on here about how useless RBs are.

If the Titans lose to Denver next week, blame him not CJ.

I rest my case.