Andrew Locker?

Face

9 minutes ago, Face said:

Marcus ran Wiz's offense in full as a rookie which is a nightmare. Now he's running a typical NFL offense, albeit with a little more running. This isn't a VY/Locker situation, you know this.

Luck has gotten more credit for running a typical NFL offense then any QB ever. 

Mariota ran an offense exactly like whiz dictated and he got hurt doing it. Does Rivers have the problem? Of course not. While I was clearly joking with the VY comparison you are crazy if you think the Titans ask Mariota to do what the Colts ask luck. It's an untenable stance but considering your penchant to double down like you hero in the face of overwhelping evidence this shouldn't surprise anyone.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a catch-22. Luck is the only reason they are competitive, but also a huge reason in a lot of losses. 

I guess stats are only good when they support the agenda

He's pretty good.  He might even be as good as Zach Mettenberger. 

24 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Mariota ran an offense exactly like whiz dictated and he got hurt doing it. Does Rivers have the problem? Of course not. While I was clearly joking with the VY comparison you are crazy if you think the Titans ask Mariota to do what the Colts ask luck. It's an untenable stance but considering your penchant to double down like you hero in the face of overwhelping evidence this shouldn't surprise anyone.

Rivers had been in the league for how long now?  Asking a rookie to run an offense like that is criminal.  And I think there are slight variations since ultimately McCoy is the coach.  I think it would be different if this was Whisenhunt's show.

Also Kurt Warner got hurt running that offense.  He also was basically forced to retire because he got so beat up.  Kevin Kolb had his career ruined in Whisenhunt's offense.  Also forced to retire.

lol @ the Trump comment though.

35 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Rivers had been in the league for how long now?  Asking a rookie to run an offense like that is criminal.  And I think there are slight variations since ultimately McCoy is the coach.  I think it would be different if this was Whisenhunt's show.

Also Kurt Warner got hurt running that offense.  He also was basically forced to retire because he got so beat up.  Kevin Kolb had his career ruined in Whisenhunt's offense.  Also forced to retire.

lol @ the Trump comment though.

I think you missed the point. Mariota is not on lucks level commanding an offense. Face tried to say he was last year.

1 minute ago, oldschool said:

I think you missed the point. Mariota is not on lucks level commanding an offense. Face tried to say he was last year.

Well he's obviously wrong there if that's what he was trying to say.  I thought Face's point, though, is Luck was being crowned too quickly and hadn't done enough to earn the praise he was being given.

4 hours ago, scine09 said:

Asking Mariota to run that offense while having a front row seat at the DLine's Poutasi buffet was just hurtful.  Literally.

• 2 months later...

@Face

One the move the sticks podcast Jeremiah and Brooks pretty much trashed Luck and said it was debatable whether he was a top 10 QB or not. They said you can't blame the supporting cast any more for all the INTs he throws and he's got a large hand in their losses. Brought up the fact the team had a better record last season without Luck.

Just thought I'd throw you this bone

1 hour ago, OILERMAN said:

@Face

One the move the sticks podcast Jeremiah and Brooks pretty much trashed Luck and said it was debatable whether he was a top 10 QB or not. They said you can't blame the supporting cast any more for all the INTs he throws and he's got a large hand in their losses. Brought up the fact the team had a better record last season without Luck.

It's a catch-22. Luck is the only reason they are competitive, but also a huge reason in a lot of losses. 

Just now, StephenIsLegend said:

When I watched him this season he usually looked great and overcomes the teams weaknesses but at the same time he turns the ball over way too much.

The fact is they had a better record last year without him over a decent sample size

3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

@Face

Luck is one of the more difficult QB's to grade that I've ever seen. At times he looks like the most dominant player in he league, making monster downfield throws, often on the move, that most QB'a couldn't dream of. But then he has stretches where he's indescribably   atrocious, making some of the stupidest mistakes you'll ever see. The only other QB I can think of like this is Eli, but his best play isn't what Luck's is.

He's also nothing like his  predecessor. For a very smart guy I don't think he particularly reads D's very well. I thought he'd be a smarter QB than he is. But he's probably the most physically blessed QB ever. 

One thing you have to give the guy, he is unbelievably clutch. He's the best end of game QB in the league bar none. It's basically an inevitability that he's gonna score. Seriously, was there any chance that he wasnt going to score a TD today? He ALWAYS finds a way to get it done.

• 1 year later...