Andrew Locker?

Face

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a catch-22. Luck is the only reason they are competitive, but also a huge reason in a lot of losses. 

I guess stats are only good when they support the agenda

He's pretty good.  He might even be as good as Zach Mettenberger. 

44 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I love this thread @Face

He's absolutely killing it this year. A decent chunk of the earlier yards & scores were garbage time but not lately. To miss the time he's missed, with an injury to a throwing shoulder no less, & play like this is nothing short of spectacular.

I stand by what I said about his career prior to this though, that he wasn't close to the elite QB he was touted as & I believe you actually actually agreed with me later on. The media also called him out as well.

That said, he finally has a quality HC/GM & it's showing. I don't know if you looked at the thread I started but Ballard has put together an awesome draft & last years was pretty damn good as well. The OL has been dominant, led by the 2 rookies, and the backs are running very well. He's also in a much better scheme. He was originally in Arians offense & then Chudzinski's which were very similar power running, deep drop, vertical offenses. Which makes sense. But they had no line whatsoever for years & he just got killed. He had no running game. Now they're spreading it out more & running it well, and he's getting the ball oit much quicker. Has still making big plays but he doesn't have to do it all now.

6 minutes ago, Face said:

He's absolutely killing it this year. A decent chunk of the earlier yards & scores were garbage time but not lately. To miss the time he's missed, with an injury to a throwing shoulder no less, & play like this is nothing short of spectacular.

I stand by what I said about his career prior to this though, that he wasn't close to the elite QB he was touted as & I believe you actually actually agreed with me later on. The media also called him out as well.

That said, he finally has a quality HC/GM & it's showing. I don't know if you looked at the thread I started but Ballard has put together an awesome draft & last years was pretty damn good as well. The OL has been dominant, led by the 2 rookies, and the backs are running very well. He's also in a much better scheme. He was originally in Arians offense & then Chudzinski's which were very similar power running, deep drop, vertical offenses. Which makes sense. But they had no line whatsoever for years & he just got killed. He had no running game. Now they're spreading it out more & running it well, and he's getting the ball oit much quicker. Has still making big plays but he doesn't have to do it all now.

Do you honestly believe that Luck just magically became this amazing QB overnight? If so, I can see why you'd think what he's doing now is spectacular.

Luck wasn't the problem. For some odd reason, it seems like people don't get that a QB can't singlehandedly overcome a poorly run organization, or bad players, or a bad offense. QBs are heavily influenced by their situation.

1 hour ago, cenj said:

Luck wasn't the problem. For some odd reason, it seems like people don't get that a QB can't singlehandedly overcome a poorly run organization, or bad players, or a bad offense. QBs are heavily influenced by their situation.

Luck was producing when the team around him was shit. 

On 11/11/2018 at 9:26 PM, cenj said:

Do you honestly believe that Luck just magically became this amazing QB overnight? If so, I can see why you'd think what he's doing now is spectacular.

Well this is exactly what I said in the 3rd paragraph. I said this is the first time he has a skilled HC & GM, along with some talent on defense & a good running game. 

But that doesn't change the fact that the guy was crowned as the next All time QB & was afforded way more excuses when he didn't play well then other young QB's. We always heard how terrible the team around him was but I can assure you he never had anywhere near as bad a supporting cast as Mariota did in 2015. Basically that entire offense is no longer in the league.

• 1 month later...

Keep bumping. I did this thread Sept 2014 & was right. His first 2 years in the league he had a mid 70's rating & a high 80's. Thenext year he was terrific with a 96, then the next year right back to a 74. At that time it was laughable to call him an elite QB.

4 years later he is. Thank God Luck  was given more leeway then Marcus is around here.

1 hour ago, Face said:

Thank God Luck was given more leeway then Marcus is around here.

Uh yea, for damn good reason. 

One of the best QBs in the league and one is coming off 13 and 11 TD seasons.