Sign in to follow this  
NashvilleNinja

So, did Tony die at the end or what?

CMJ   

Doesn't matter. People who desperately wanted Tony to live wanted a movie sequel and that aint happening now.

I'm reading through this now and am already convinced this guy is right.

I've read through that thing a few times and it literally gives me chills...between the combination of the meanings, imagery and depth of the show, Chase's brilliance, and people who understood it all...it blows my mind what people can do. 

'Nator   

The ending WAS perfect. 

He fucked with all those dipshits who rooted for a sociopath for a decade only to demand that he be executed for their viewing pleasure.

tony didn't get killed. Shit just went on. Been telling people that since the episode. 

tony didn't get killed. Shit just went on. Been telling people that since the episode. 

No.

'Nator   

He's even taunting your asses with the potential killers. "Oh this guy in members only jacket. Maybe him!" Nope. Just a guy.

"OOOH a BLACK guy! Maybe him!". Nope. Just a guy. 

Meadow can't parallel park and you guys piss your fucking pants. But it's just a park job. No leading up to nothing. 

The door bell chimes. OH. 

Nothing. Tony and his fucking family have dinner. They eat onion rings and other bad fried foods. That's it. 

Chase is TELLING you that he didn't kill Tony yet with your irrational thirst for blood, you won't hear it. 

Tony Soprano is alive. 

James Gandolfini on the other hand....

He's even taunting your asses with the potential killers. "Oh this guy in members only jacket. Maybe him!" Nope. Just a guy.

"OOOH a BLACK guy! Maybe him!". Nope. Just a guy. 

Meadow can't parallel park and you guys piss your fucking pants. But it's just a park job. No leading up to nothing. 

The door bell chimes. OH. 

Nothing. Tony and his fucking family have dinner. They eat onion rings and other bad fried foods. That's it. 

Chase is TELLING you that he didn't kill Tony yet with your irrational thirst for blood, you won't hear it. 

Tony Soprano is alive. 

James Gandolfini on the other hand....

Are you just fucking with us?

Read the links I provided before you post again.

This. It's not even debatable.

Thje final show is pure brilliance. Genius like that gives me chills. Here is the entire explanation from another genius.

You guys have to read this...it;s crazy the amount of detail and thinking and foresight that went into this entire series that all led up to that final show:

http://masterofsopranos.wordpress.com/the-sopranos-definitive-explanation-of-the-end/

You should read my posts. I posted that very link above your post. And I said the same thing Oman said in his post, just a little more long-winded.

But it is genius, and Nator is just trying to be a David Chase ball-washer. Not everyone who watched Tony "rooted" for him. There's more than one kind of Sopranos fan. There are the meat heads who only watch to hear Tony tossing jokes, eating pussy, and beating pussies. And then there are people who are just fascinated by the raw realness of the show, the brilliance in the details, etc.

And it's not people's fault if they're enamored with the Tony Soprano character. The "fault" for that lies with James Gandolfini. If the guy's performance wasn't so god damn powerful and convincing people wouldn't give half as much of a shit. As "lovable" as Paulie was, no one stayed around for his "angel wings". And the reason people "rooted" for Tony, if you can call it that, was because when the character wasn't engaging in brutality, duplicity, and whore-mongering he could be quite the lovable character. There were times when you thought "damn, maybe this guy can change". Again, a credit to Gandolfini. So if Chase holds that against fans of his show then he's just a duplicitous prick himself.

'Nator   

No one is questioning why people root for Tony. He's the show's main character. 

It's the rooting, but then they Roman Coliseum type "thumbs down" demanded at the very end by the same people who were cherring him on the whole time. It's that turn about is what is borderline disturbing. 

I've read more convincing accounts of the Twin Towers being taken down with explosives than in that link. Shit like that is fun to read, but he is wrong. 

Chase fucked with and teased everyone who wanted a definitive ending. 

Edited by 'Nator