reo

Senator Denies Climate Change On Senate Floor And Gets A Science Lesson From His Colleague

Soxcat   

This idea by putting up a few solar panels and driving a hybrid is total BS anyway. 1/3 of the population in the world lives in India and China and they are growing their carbon foot print every day. Those countries are building coal fired plants. So all this crap that has cost Europeans billions of dollars and what the USA shouldn't buy into has been like pissing in the ocean for CO2 levels anyway.

If someone wants to argue that there really is "global warming" that is fine but none of these bozos have any idea what the real effect is from CO2. The models have overstated the effect enormously. If we agree natural CO2 levels are, or should be 300 ppm, that means humans have contributed ~100 ppm. That is a tiny amount of difference in our atmosphere. As in .01% difference. Now without being an expert but a common sense individual with a Chemistry degree would it be rational to actually think a difference of +.012 or something is going to make that much difference? Hell no. And it doesn't. Yet we see these people freaking out about humans adding another 20 ppm of CO2.

When we look at CO2 levels we also see that CO2 levels have been rising since the 1700s. But we don't see temperature rising along with CO2. How can that be? And CO2 actually lags temperature. What about that?

But the reality is, and always has been, that the vast majority of the world are idiots. The real "earth is flat" people in this argument are the ones worried about that additional 20 ppm of CO2. The smart people see a bunch of idiots that from a scientific standpoint have approached this while thing backwards. They have assumed a "truth" and now do everything they can, including out right lying and changing numbers to fit their perspective. I'm sure when someone stood up and said the earth was round there were many who tried to set the individual straight with their wisdom and intelligence.

efus50   

It's absolutely undeniably getting warmer

nasa_historic_temps.jpg

The climate is the absolute same as it was back in the 70's when they were talking about the next great ice age. Every year I go to the beach and every year the water level is the same. Start walking and reducing your greenhouse gas would be a nice place to start.

What is sad is how Obama has crushed the Eastern Ky and West Virginia economy because they won't allow new coal mine permits. This is family's who have been forever changed because of Global warming and it's attack on the coal industry. Nobody speaks for those people and it's sad. I do not know one person who claims Global warming is a problem who does anything personally. Hypocrites everyone of you.

Steps to understanding how humans affect the Earth's climate.

Step 1. Acknowledge there are 7.2 Billion humans and counting on the Planet.

Step 2. See step 1.

efus50   

Step 2. See step 1.

So you have stopped driving your car since you are clearly one of the 7.2 billion humans causing this problem. It has to start somewhere and I would think the enlighten ones on the planet would kick in double. Oh yeah I sorry but EVERY person who says there is global warming and does not start by selling their car is a Hypocrite. Show us Zombies the way

Soxcat   

Step 2. See step 1.

HAHAHA. Hopefully you don't have any offspring.

reo   

So you have stopped driving your car since you are clearly one of the 7.2 billion humans causing this problem. It has to start somewhere and I would think the enlighten ones on the planet would kick in double. Oh yeah I sorry but EVERY person who says there is global warming and does not start by selling their car is a Hypocrite. Show us Zombies the way

So it's all or nothing? People can't reduce their carbon emissions in some way? Gotta go all the way or it doesn't count.

Simplistic thinking from a simple thinker.

What are some issues you're worried about?

Edited by reo

efus50   

Simple thinking. Tell that to the shop owner in eastern ky who can't pay his bills because they are not allowed to dig for coal in his area. All because of global warming which is bullshit

Soxcat   

It's OK Reo, don't cry,

I know this is emotional all this talk about being green... preserving the environment for our off-spring ....and such. I also understand we all need an issue to worry about. Some issue that has little or no bearing on life or the real world but an issue that is deep in our soul as an injustice to mother nature, ....children, oh the children, or dolphins or something. So go out and buy that hybrid so you can clear your conscience. Then you can feel better because you are doing your part to please the Al Gore's of the world. In your mind you are saving Bambi.

And while you live your cartoon BS life I'm going to keep fighting for the people Eastern KY and WV who are having to live like dogs because of these stupid asinine idiotic policies. That is an issue worth fighting for. A real issue effecting real lives. Not some made up fairy tale. Those are the kind of people that get screwed by these games.

reo   

So what have you personally done to fix these problems you're so worried about? I mean if climate change isn't real if people who believe in it haven't stopped driving completely. What have you done?

Edited by reo

efus50   

My issues don't require you to do something silly or not true. I have no control of the water supply but think we should be opening more desalination plants out west and in texas.

I am always trying to be personal tight with my money, and I have no control over how much money the U S government overspends. I think both parties are to blame here and neither one wants to address the issue. Passing this problem to others is bullshit

Edited by efus50