Senator Denies Climate Change On Senate Floor And Gets A Science Lesson From His Colleague

reo

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FoxNews

HAHAHA. Hopefully you don't have any offspring. 

http://www.cnn.com/2010/HEALTH/02/26/liberals.atheists.sex.intelligence/ "Evolutionary psychologist Satoshi Kanazawa at the the London School of Economics and Political Science correlated data on

Posted Images

99% of all climate scientists and ever major scientific climatology group in the entire world accept anthropogenic climate change. 

The deniers, whether they know it or not, are insisting that a vast, all encompassing conspiracy is affront in ever country, in every major climate group, involving the overwhelming majority of the worlds climate scientists, over the last several decades. That's more idiotic and implausible than 911 conspiracies. 

To deny, you are either ignorant of the science, or you some kind of right wing or fundamentalist fucking asshole who thinks we can't fuck up the Earth because Yahweh won't let it happen or because that's not what Revelation says or whatever. 

too bad it's no hotter. Step one. It gets hotter. Step two you worry about it

The steps utilities are taking to stop rooftop solar will only grow over time. They're also likely to increase energy usage overall as a result, which is desirable for a utility.

I don't suspect the masses have the intelligence or appetite to address the inherent challenges anytime soon... challenges that actually give utilities a decent bit of credibility in their arguments.

The problem with the entire argument about global warming/climate change is that there exists no international mechanism to disrupt its existence. I think we have all of the tools available to slow its progress, but the technology isn't there, yet. Solar panels help. I've also read about harnessing the ocean through its constant movement. Both are capable, but the continued problem is the movement of energy.

There does not exist, at the moment, a verified way of moving energy that is more cost efficient than coal, fossil fuels, and nuclear power. This is undeniable. To argue against its continued use is to argue against capitalism, itself.

Until one of three things happen the path will not change. 1. A new technology for harnessing and transporting energy exists. 2. An international entity comes into existence to implement changes to lower the standard of existing models. 3. Enough people become concerned about the matter that the situation organically changes. The first is obviously the most conceivable. Seeing as the people pushing for change have some of the highest CO2 footprints in the world, it's pretty unlikely that number 3 takes place without advancements in technology. The second is unlikely because nations value sovereignty. People tend to not care about issues that are very unlikely to affect their lives directly.

As well, climate change is on the back burner of things threatening humanity. WW3 is a much more likely occurrence to wipe out humanity than climate change. Global species existence is another (45% of bee populations have been wiped out in the past 60 years, 40% of spider populations...etc). Our oceans are over-fished and tirelessly polluted. Our rain forests are ravaged for paper products when hemp is regenerative and costs less to produce (war on drugs, conspiracy...etc).

While we attack Afghanistan and Iraq, we allowed the world's craziest nation to attain nuclear weapons. North Korea is much more of a threat to humanity's existence than climate change.

Until I see anything other than a push to lower our standard of living via taxes and regulations, I will continue to believe those in power pushing this are, at the least, misguided. China and India both have larger footprints than us. We will not lead them out of their ways without a technology capable of maintaining their bottom line. We helped push capitalism on the world. Deal with its repercussions.

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

I do love the word change in the last couple years. It used to be called global warming. Since it's not getting warmer lets call it climate change. Stop driving your cars and live what you yip. Then I will talk

The problem with the entire argument about global warming/climate change is that there exists no international mechanism to disrupt its existence. I think we have all of the tools available to slow its progress, but the technology isn't there, yet. Solar panels help. I've also read about harnessing the ocean through its constant movement. Both are capable, but the continued problem is the movement of energy.

There does not exist, at the moment, a verified way of moving energy that is more cost efficient than coal, fossil fuels, and nuclear power. This is undeniable. To argue against its continued use is to argue against capitalism, itself.

Until one of three things happen the path will not change. 1. A new technology for harnessing and transporting energy exists. 2. An international entity comes into existence to implement changes to lower the standard of existing models. 3. Enough people become concerned about the matter that the situation organically changes. The first is obviously the most conceivable. Seeing as the people pushing for change have some of the highest CO2 footprints in the world, it's pretty unlikely that number 3 takes place without advancements in technology. The second is unlikely because nations value sovereignty. People tend to not care about issues that are very unlikely to affect their lives directly.

As well, climate change is on the back burner of things threatening humanity. WW3 is a much more likely occurrence to wipe out humanity than climate change. Global species existence is another (45% of bee populations have been wiped out in the past 60 years, 40% of spider populations...etc). Our oceans are over-fished and tirelessly polluted. Our rain forests are ravaged for paper products when hemp is regenerative and costs less to produce (war on drugs, conspiracy...etc).

While we attack Afghanistan and Iraq, we allowed the world's craziest nation to attain nuclear weapons. North Korea is much more of a threat to humanity's existence than climate change.

Until I see anything other than a push to lower our standard of living via taxes and regulations, I will continue to believe those in power pushing this are, at the least, misguided. China and India both have larger footprints than us. We will not lead them out of their ways without a technology capable of maintaining their bottom line. We helped push capitalism on the world. Deal with its repercussions.

i agree with most of what you are saying here. The problem is energy is a commodity and the reality is we should be doing everything we can to drive the price down

It's absolutely undeniably getting warmer

nasa_historic_temps.jpg

The climate is the absolute same as it was back in the 70's when they were talking about the next great ice age. Every year I go to the beach and every year the water level is the same. Start walking and reducing your greenhouse gas would be a nice place to start.

What is sad is how Obama has crushed the Eastern Ky and West Virginia economy because they won't allow new coal mine permits. This is family's who have been forever changed because of Global warming and it's attack on the coal industry. Nobody speaks for those people and it's sad. I do not know one person who claims Global warming is a problem who does anything personally. Hypocrites everyone of you.