48 members have voted

1. 1. Will Chris Johnson make the HOF

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where's the option "Hell no, that's just stupid."?

CTF's acount has been hijacked by ManningEnvy. Tex  

All of those accolades, besides the 80 yard touchdowns, are from one season. He had a good rookie year in terms of averages. Other than that he's had a mediocre year and several terrible years.

He's not getting 1500 yards a year....come on. He's not getting in. Why would a player who's had more bad years than good make it to the HOF? You guys actually think he's going to be better with that terrible offense? Highly doubtful. If he stays on his current trajectory, it would be a slight to several greats if he made it in over them.

Another factor no one is talking about are his TD numbers. As I said earlier, Holmes has 94 Total TDs which is 23rd all time. CJ only has 58 TDs with a season high of 14 despite carrying the load for 4 plus years.

Edited by oldschool

I have no clue what this YPC was. I just know that wasn't him b/c he went over 10k at some point.. w/ Dallas maybe?

He has over 10K with the Titans.  I'm very biased, but I would vote for Eddie over CJ.  George is a better player than CJ in every way outside of YPC, and that is only because of the long runs that skew CJs numbers.  

With that being said, CJ probably has a better chance because of his highlight reel runs.  

iirc he destroyed the record for most long TDs. That alone would give him a shot.. add in the 2k season and his chances are alright. I'm not saying he'll make it but he's definitely got a shot at it.

Probabilistic people will never admit there is either a 0% or 100% chance of something happening. If you look outside and it is raining, a truly probabilistic person will say that it is not 100% sure that it is raining. There could be a fire hose on the window you are looking at or an irrigation plane might have dumped its load on yoru building.

So, to these people, the probabilityof CJ making the hall of fame is not 0%.

Tex

iirc he destroyed the record for most long TDs. That alone would give him a shot.. add in the 2k season and his chances are alright. I'm not saying he'll make it but he's definitely got a shot at it.

Timmy Smith holds the record for most rushing yards in a Superbowl and yet no one thinks that singular accomplishment make him a great player. CJ does not have a chance in hell based solely on his record of most long TD runs. A 2nd 2K season might do it but lets be real, that isn't happening. The bottom line is the guy had one incredible season and 2 good seasons which isn't good enough for HOF consideration.

CJ makes the HOFD  --> the Hall of Fall Down.

There are guys who are on the cusp of the HOF like Jerome Bettis and Tim Brown.

Then there is the hall of very good, guys like Mcnair and Eddie, Priest Holmes.

Then there are good players who played for a long time at a high level such as Bullock.

Then there are players who show bursts and have a great season or two. CJ lands here.

Tex