OT--The Ohio State Situation

HOTT

I'll admit it--Tressel had me fooled. I only had one doubt until this began to surface in Dec. Now, upon his resignation, some are saying crap has gone on with the tat man since 2002. Him covering things up and lying are what realy galls me. I just never took him to be a deceiver. Now I'm reading and hearing that as many as 28 players on their currrent roster have accepted favors. The NCAA is investigating Pryor--who was the one question I've had about OSU up until Dec. His selection of OSU and the presence of his rich "mentor" back home always smelled to me. Also the fact that Pryor replaced a solid SR QB in his Frosh year indicated to me that he must have been promised the keys to the program just to get him there. I figure Pryor will never play another down at OSU and that they may be heading for very severe sanctions in the near future.

College football is fun to watch,thought the talent level is below that of the NFL. The fans, the bands, the spirit of the teams and no strikes or lockouts make it very appealing to me.

From the outside looking in it looks like it's all corrupt and it's just who hides it better.

Like the biking guys....they all doped but some of them, like Lance, hid it better.

I would doubt there is a division 1 school in the top 20 that is not dirty to one degree or the other.

Depending on how the labor situation goes, the 2011 NFL Supplemental Draft could potentially be a very good one...

Terrelle Pryor

Michael Floyd

Janoris Jenkins

Mark Barron

I have a feeling TF will love Pryor and predict NFL stardom for him.

you'll be wrong...

I don't trust his accuracy and I think he has some character concerns that are worse that what I first thought...

Now the next athletic QB who I do like in college is a guy by the name of Robert Griffin. If Locker doesn't work out, he's a guy I would love for us to get...

you'll be wrong...

I don't trust his accuracy and I think he has some character concerns that are worse that what I first thought...

Now the next athletic QB who I do like in college is a guy by the name of Robert Griffin. If Locker doesn't work out, he's a guy I would love for us to get...

You just described all the things wrong with Cam Newton...what is the difference? At least Pryor has a much larger sample size to judge on...not much else is different

O-H-UH-O

good one! Makes UT look a little better. But really, it's the system that's broken and nothing much will improve until/unless that is fixed. As long as money trumps education, it will always be this way. As Spurrier says, pay them 300 bucks a game so they don't have to hock their jerseys for money. The system uses these kids, no matter that some of them wind up making big bucks. The majority of them wind up with no chance to advance to the pros and no education. jmo

So I guess getting $40-50K worth of a free education is them not receiving an education or not getting paid. Why should they be paid? They are freaking students. If you want to play semi-pro ball go play in one of those leagues.

They are absolutely treated fairly. They on are scholarships for their athletic ability. They get a free college education and can use pell grants or college loans for their income if they want money. No sympathy at all for them.

So I guess getting $40-50K worth of a free education is them not receiving an education or not getting paid. Why should they be paid? They are freaking students. If you want to play semi-pro ball go play in one of those leagues.

They are absolutely treated fairly. They on are scholarships for their athletic ability. They get a free college education and can use pell grants or college loans for their income if they want money. No sympathy at all for them.

Agreed, why does everyone want to change the system for the 5-10% who subvert it by cheating and ignore the 90% who are honest and play by the rules? They also tend to criticize the honest people who turn the cheaters in.

Archived