Jameis Winston arrested for shoplifting.....

JLocker10

I think you'll find that only 1 or 2 people actually want Manziel, while it seems only yourself wants Winston.

Aside from that, Manziel's crime was having a fake ID and fighting, far less severe than being accused of rape and shoplifting.

I'm definitely not the only one that wants him. But I clearly am the only one that's watched him play every week.

You also said the magic word...accused. So let's throw that out now that we know he was never charged or found guilty. Being accused isn't a crime. He stole crab legs basically. Manziel had the ID issue, the autograph scandal, the Manning camp screw up, the constant in and out of clubs partying with celebrities. Not all crimes, but let's not act like he's been outdone.

Winston is to Tampa what Teddy is to Jonboy 8-)

Precisely lol. However, I will be quick to jump ship if he struggles this year. Very interested to see how he performs coming off of everything from last season. If he makes it to the season...

Since he got away with rape, maybe he'll get the maximum sentence for shoplifting.

I'll go ahead and call it. Dead or in prison before he plays a down in the NFL.

I'm definitely not the only one that wants him. But I clearly am the only one that's watched him play every week.

You also said the magic word...accused. So let's throw that out now that we know he was never charged or found guilty. Being accused isn't a crime. He stole crab legs basically. Manziel had the ID issue, the autograph scandal, the Manning camp screw up, the constant in and out of clubs partying with celebrities. Not all crimes, but let's not act like he's been outdone.

I've not seen anyone else be vocal in wanting Winston, but I'll take your word for it.

As for being accused of rape, it doesn't really matter if he actually did it or not, he'll carry that stigma with him for the rest of his life. Is it fair (assuming he is innocent)? No, but it's the reality of the situation. Being accused of rape, especially given his celebrity status as a football player at a major college, is nearly as bad as actually being convicted.

At the end of the day, I'd rather take someone whose baggage consists of a fake ID, fighting and earning money off of his autograph. (Is that really a big issue?) over someone whose baggage consists of a rape accusation and shoplifting.

Winston is guilty of at least one of them that can be proven. We may never know if he actually committed rape. But the guy seems to be a lightning rod for trouble.

You may like the guys skills, but considering the public perception of him, do you really believe the Titans would even come close to considering him?

I don't.

Statistically, false rape allegations are actually quite rare. Still, they may be more common among big name athletes like this. The story that was told around Winston was very troubling, however. What we know is that the state decided not to press charges. So, he can't be held to be a rapist, since nothing was proven.

For this shoplifting thing, it shows really bad judgement....actually, both incidents together show incredibly poor judgment. I don't like it. I hope the Titans don't draft him. We don't need another player like Pacman...just too much smoke around this guy.

The rape accusation looks far worse now than ever before.

First the NY Times article shows there was either a cover up or a seriously botched investigation.

Now this comparatively minor shoplifting scandal shows, at the very least, he's a dishonest person. It's a serious hit to any remaining benefit of the doubt he might have held on to.