Obama's just as big a doofus as Bush

Faceless

Politics aside Obama is about 10 times smarter than George Bush.

Anyone really think Bush could have got his law degree from Harvard Law School (where Obama became the Harvard Law Review's first African American president), gradutaed magna cum laude. and was also a lecturer of constitutional law at the University of Chicago Law School??? Of course not.

Whether you agree or disagree with either guy no one with any sense thinks Obama is as dumb as Bush. It would be like thinking Manning was as dumb as VY.

Obama is smart, but that doesn't qualify him to be the POTUS. I am a Republican so I obviously am not a supporter, but I have often told people if Obama had waited another 8 years to run for President he would be much more qualified and successful. He wasn't ready, it would be like me voting for Bob Corker who is a Jr Senator in TN and from my city (though I didn't even support him in the Senate election, I stayed home that day).

While the Republican card is underwhelming at this point, there are a couple of tickets that could take him out

Obama has been a good leader. In his first term, they passed a number of pieces of major legislation.

And how does that make him a good leader? He had Congress and a super majority in the senate. Do you consider a president who rammed through an unpopular health care bill without consulting with Republicans the act of a good strong leader? What happened to man who claimed he was a uniter? Do you think a good leader causes his party in two years to get clobered and loose the House?

If brains make you a good president, then how do you explain Jimma Carter? Even an objective liberal has to admit that he has not been a very good leader.
Lol, there are a couple complete screwballs on here that actually believe Carter was a good leader, so don't even waste your time.

This thread wasnt about who is or isn't a good leader or president. It was started trying to compare Obama's intelligence to George W's. There is no comparison.

And how does that make him a good leader? He had Congress and a super majority in the senate. Do you consider a president who rammed through an unpopular health care bill without consulting with Republicans the act of a good strong leader? What happened to man who claimed he was a uniter? Do you think a good leader causes his party in two years to get clobered and loose the House?

The past unpopularity of the healthcare reform bill was because of political stunts by Republicans. Americans don't know what's in the bill, so when they see on Fox News that Democrats want to kill grandma and enact death panels, cut Medicare, and force them to give up their own health coverage, the rubes buy into it. Lots of people still believe all that crap. So no, I don't blame Obama and Democrats for passing a bill that had mixed polling numbers. I blame them for letting the right wing control the debate and not educating the public. And hell, most of the people who objected to the bill did so because there was no public option.

Anyway, modern polls show support for "Obamacare". Only about 40% of people want to get rid of it now. You can that Paul Ryan and the GOP for that...

http://thehill.com/images/stories/blogs ... onpoll.pdf

As to letting his party get killed in the last election, that's not Obama's fault (nor did it make Bill Clinton a bad leader in 1994). It's mainly the economy, along with some of those same lies coming from the right, and the Democrats unwillingness to defend their votes. Plus, if you look at polls today, the Democrats may be poised to take the House right back in 2012.

John Boehner is maybe the worst speaker of the house ever, letting the house vote on the Paul Ryan Budget is so politcally retarded it's baffling.

The doofus Obama started it off by announcing he wanted Guantanamo closed in 1 year. He then promised that unemployment would not go above 8.5% if we allowed him to waste nearly 1 trillion of so called stimulus money. He lied about the health care bill saying it would save money. Furthermore the mandate to buy insurance is unconstitutional, and he even said it was a bad idea during the election. He is the most partisan president in a very long time, which is not an example of a good leader. He has done nothing to lead on the huge debt problem, instead wants the Repulicans to do it, so he can criticize their efforts. He has done zilch to make us more energy independent. The list can go on and on about his poor presidency.

Archived