Oh look, Nick Saban's getting outcoached against a spread offensive team again.

luvyablue256

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bad game for kouandijou

McCarron just might want to accept that senior bowl invite now.      Not at 11, that's for sure. I wouldn't have minded him in the later rounds. 

He got whipped. 

So according to you last year we should've drafted Geno Smith #10

Now this year we should trade down from #11 and take AJ McCarron

:unsure:

Absolutely. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. We took Locker and 8, so how is that any worse than Gino Smith at 10?

On the other hand, if the scouts feel AJ is one of the top 3 QBs in the draft, take him at 11 if you feel there's any chance he'll be gone.

If the Bengals somehow selected Dalton that early, you think they'd be worried about the draft spot and "value" when he's got them to the playoffs 3 years in a row?

QBs are a premium. Yes, they're risky. But it's not like they're getting monster contracts under the new rookie wage scale.

We have to find a franchise quarterback.

Does anyone still think AJ McCarron should be our pick? 

Not at 11, but if he is still on the board in the 3rd, yes.  (Although, my main reason is because I want to see his girlfriend in a Titans uniform.)

I wanted Titans to pick Andy Dalton. He's no Brady or Manning but Cincy's won all their home games and are in the playoffs this year. And Dalton's stayed healthy.

Would that make the Titans fans happy?

It helps a little that Dalton is throwing to AJ Green. 

Lol! Well at least you admit it :)

Sure. Why not? If I'm wrong so be it. I don't see AJ being a bust in the NFL.

It's starting to look like I was wrong on Newton. LOL He seems to be doing alright.

Not at 11, but if he is still on the board in the 3rd, yes. (Although, my main reason is because I want to see his girlfriend in a Titans uniform.)

It helps a little that Dalton is throwing to AJ Green.

Can you imagine McCarron throwing to Wright and Hunter?

Can you imagine McCarron throwing to Wright and Hunter?

The way you started that sentence, I was already picturing Katherine Webb.....and then you destroyed it.

Hunter still has a lot to prove, but I think Wright would flourish with McCarron, as would Walker. 

He got the brains, accuracy, and is a proven winner....but he's still not a 1st round pick.. If he's there in the 3rd, I would take him, though.

Bama was checked out. That game isn't a true reflection on any of their player talent.

I hate these excuses. You don't check out of the Sugar bowl. They just flat out got their asses beat. The SEC wasn't as good as usual this season. More proof is coming when FSU goes in dry on Auburn.

Edited by Tim

I hate these excuses. You don't check out of the Sugar bowl. They just flat out got their asses beat. The SEC wasn't was good as usual this season. More proof is coming when FSU goes in dry on Auburn.

Yes you do when you were a botched FG away from playing for your third straight National Title. This isn't the NFL where the teams are comprised of professionals. It's a college team with 18-22 year olds that had their entire world come crushing down after a terrible decision by Saban to kick the FG against Auburn. Saban deserves the blame for not getting his team prepared but it's human nature to suffer letdowns like the one Alabama had. Numerous analysts even talked about this scenario before the game because it was a very real possibility. Oklahoma doesn't have a shot in that game if Alabama cared..  

Edited by oldschool

It's the losers excuse, nothing more. I talked to Alabama fans all week who said they were going to "kick Oklahoma's' ass". After the game they are saying the same thing you are. I find that comical. I'm not an Oklahoma fan, I just don't buy excuses. Bama just isn't a great team this year. Auburn isn't either.

Yes you do when you were a botched FG away from playing for your third straight National Title. This isn't the NFL where the teams are comprised of professionals. It's a college team with 18-22 year olds that had their entire world come crushing down after a terrible decision by Saban to kick the FG against Auburn. Saban deserves the blame for not getting his team prepared but it's human nature to suffer letdowns like the one Alabama had. Numerous analysts even talked about this scenario before the game because it was a very real possibility. Oklahoma doesn't a shot in that game if Alabama cared..