SI Trade Discussion Mentions Britt

chef

What has Josh Gordon done to command a second round pick while Britt only garners a sixth?

In 3 games Gordon has 18 catches at 17yds a pop. He's been an explosive play maker. He's only 22 and is huge at 6-3 225lbs

It's not even close really.

Britt has 6 catches for a measly 52yds, he has more drops than catches and is close to mentally retarded. A better question is why would someone give up a 6th for Britt?

Britt is in last year of rookie contract.  Gordon is in second year of rookie contract.  Both teams are 3-2 and Cle has won last three games since Gordon came off suspension (which is the same time everyone said Cle was throwing in the towel when they traded TR to the Colts and who is still averaging around 3 YPC).  

Seriously, Britt has done nothing in two years. The only people who seem him as having value are Titans fans remembering games where he lit it up with Kerry Collins under center. 

Why is Josh Gordon worth a second and Britt worth a sixth? 

Maybe because Gordon has been great the last two games, while Britt has only been great at dropping passes. 

The thing about Britt is that NO ONE will give anything if value for him. We can take a low round pick at best or hang on to him. End of story. 

Gordon has not had a game as great as Britt's game against Philadelphia!

I get that there are question marks but a 2nd vs. a 6th seems kind of extreme....

That was 3 years and one major knee reconstruction ago

Two games? Coming off suspension? Gordon has not had a game as great as Britt's game against Philadelphia!

I get that there are question marks but a 2nd vs. a 6th seems kind of extreme....

Keep in mind Boldin only netted a 6th and he's had far more production than Britt (of course, he's older and makes more $).

Even a good player in the last year of his deal isn't going to bring much in a trade. Britt isn't even a good player right now.

A guy like Gordon could be a long term stud for some team and any team trading for him gets his services for the rest of this year and 2 more years.

If the Titans wanted to do the smart thing and Cleveland was willing I'd give a 2nd round pick for Gordon and outright cut Britt or throw him in the deal for free.

No way I'd give up a 2nd. We're already missing our 3rd b/c of the Hunter trade.