Yahoo making you enter name and password each time you restart your browser?

N/A

I would like to confirmation if Yahoo is prompting you to renter your account and password each time you restart your browser and go to Yahoo..

Since yesterday, I have to re-enter my account name and password for Yahoo every time I restart my browser and go to Yahoo. It does this in both Inter Explorer 9 and Chrome. It does it on two different computers that I checked. Also, I cleard my cache, and that did not help and I checked all my browser settings and all look fine.

And all other sites were I have saved passwords work fine - only Yhaoo is doing this. I sent a help request on this but Yahoo support replied back telling me how to obtain a lost password (the person clearly did not understand what I was asking.)

I asked a friend last night to test his and he said the same thing happened in both IE and Chrome (he had to re-enter his account and password) but with FireFox he did not have to re-enter the information.

I suspect Yahoo changed something that is not allowing IE and Chrome to work with it on saved passwords any more.

Would others please confirm whether your Yahoo prompts you for your account and password in IE9 or Chrome every time you restart each browser?

Thanks for any help.

About a month ago my Yahoo account was doing the same thing. I am running Firefox and Safari. It lasted a few days then corrected itself. Now it holds my password like normal. Maybe it will clear up for you also.

Same with mine - it is now working. Weird.

Archived