Batman, Superman to unite on big screen

reo

There's also the part that superman will always hold back vs Batman, so as to not kill him and Batman knows it and Batman doesn't have to hold back.. can't actually.

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know I'm in the minority here but I think Affleck is perfectly capable of getting Batman right. 

The whole thing is narrative. It's a narrative. It's a story. Storytelling constantly relies on the trope of the resourceful/clever taking on and defeating the powerful. How many movies have you seen

Posted Images

People who try and explain how a fight between these two makes sense will accept anything in narrative form simply because the plot calls for it, regardless of dissonance.

The movie is clearly bubble gum and a money grab mash up. Don't judge it as a professionally prepared steak. Eat it up, enjoy the flavor and move on.

Edited by Jamalisms

People who try and explain how a fight between these two makes sense will accept anything in narrative form simply because the plot calls for it, regardless of dissonance.

The movie is clearly bubble gum and a money grab mash up. Don't judge it as a professionally prepared steak. Eat it up, enjoy the flavor and move on.

If there's a giant samuri with a rocket launcher and mini-gun I'll watch it twice!

It can have more substance with symbolism and how the characters interact. I'm hoping for message out of Supermans character related to hope. The idea thst Sup's character and inner strength could affect positively batman when he's on the edge. Those messages have appeal. The fun in a superman vs batman fight is not in the fists but comparative idealogy. The two are a perfect contrast of pragmatism vs idealist. Thats what would be fun and interesting. 

Who would win and how is just writing. If the writer wants Superman can be best by the three stooges. For the movie to be enjoyable they have yo capture more depth than that. That's why captain America winter soldier was fun and emjoyable despite also being a movie about a Boy Scout. 

The whole thing is narrative. It's a narrative. It's a story. Storytelling constantly relies on the trope of the resourceful/clever taking on and defeating the powerful. How many movies have you seen where a normal protagonist takes on a villain with immensely more "power"? The difference here is that because both are "heroes" people tend to base who would win in a fight conversations in this imagined world where story and circumstance don't exist. 

As Prag says, who would win is irrelevant--if I want I can write a story where OILERMAN punches Superman in the balls until CMJ falls out of his asshole. That doesn't make it any more or less plausible than other stories. 

What is more important, agains--as Prag said, is the competing ideologies and perspectives. At this point you have to hope Snyder doesn't fuck it up, and there are a lot of signs that he will. 

I am getting psyched at and am becoming hopeful, however, at this iteration of Batman. It seems we are getting a more advanced Bat story--one with a Batman who is not a beginner, but a Batman who has already lost big time. It also seems like they are playing around with the idea of Joker knowing that Batman is Bruce Wayne. That's a ballsy move. I like the potential for letting the Batman/Joker status quo be very well established. 

The whole thing is narrative. It's a narrative. It's a story. Storytelling constantly relies on the trope of the resourceful/clever taking on and defeating the powerful. How many movies have you seen where a normal protagonist takes on a villain with immensely more "power"? The difference here is that because both are "heroes" people tend to base who would win in a fight conversations in this imagined world where story and circumstance don't exist. 

As Prag says, who would win is irrelevant--if I want I can write a story where OILERMAN punches Superman in the balls until CMJ falls out of his asshole. That doesn't make it any more or less plausible than other stories. 

What is more important, agains--as Prag said, is the competing ideologies and perspectives. At this point you have to hope Snyder doesn't fuck it up, and there are a lot of signs that he will. 

I am getting psyched at and am becoming hopeful, however, at this iteration of Batman. It seems we are getting a more advanced Bat story--one with a Batman who is not a beginner, but a Batman who has already lost big time. It also seems like they are playing around with the idea of Joker knowing that Batman is Bruce Wayne. That's a ballsy move. I like the potential for letting the Batman/Joker status quo be very well established. 

Wonder if there will be any overlap between this movie and Suicide Squad in terms of the Joker/Batman dynamic. If they're smart there will be imo

Looking more torward to Xmen Apocalypse. 

I just can't take Eisenberg, whatever his name, seriously as Lex Luther. 

I'll watch pretty much anything w/ Olivia Munn in it

olivia-munn-psylocke.png

Ok know I'm in the minority here but I think Affleck is perfectly capable of getting Batman right. 

i think he'll be fine. Wonder Woman bothers me more.