Vanderbilt suspends four players

IrishTitansFan

I like both Vandy and UT. This whole you cannot like Vandy if you are a UT fan is stupid redneck logic.

No...it's normal fan logic. If you're a Bama fan, you don't "like" auburn. Same with Michigan/Ohio state, USC/ucla, titans/colts, Dallas/Washington, etc. Unless you are just basically a casual fan.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I guess now we know we're a legit SEC team

Allegedly involved in sex crimes. Please don't be Jordan Matthews, Please don't be Jordan Matthews, Please don't be Jordan Matthews, Please don't be Jordan Matthews  http://espn.go.com/college-footba

The media is ripping the school for they way they handled it. Apparrently Vandy knew it was coming based on information about they had about tthe crime and didn't suspend the players until local media

No...it's normal fan logic. If you're a Bama fan, you don't "like" auburn. Same with Michigan/Ohio state, USC/ucla, titans/colts, Dallas/Washington, etc. Unless you are just basically a casual fan.

Yeah don't put UT/Vandy up there as a rivalry like that. It isn't.

It is an in-state rivalry.  Not a great one because UT has dominated it, except for last couple of years.  But it is a rivalry.  No real Vol fan would ever say they "like" Vandy and same vice versa.  Although it seems with younger fans there are more and more of the "kinda fans" arising.  Maybe like Bama for football and UK for basketball.  Not really being hardcore fans of a team.  I pull for Vols in all sports, Titans in NFL and Preds for NHL.  That's just me.  I don't have 2 favorite college teams or an NFC team and a AFC team.  That's not to say if in a bowl game I might "pull" for one team over another or in the playoffs I might want a certain team to win over another.  But my teams aren't involved in either case.

Though nothing procedural seems out of line for the DA's office regarding the primary (4) defendants, how they are handling some of these peripheral individuals like Boyd and Brandenburg's former teammates/associates from California appears almost a bit off, and I won't be surprised to see some public retractions and countersuits in place before too long if the DA continues down this course.

Latest interesting things of note:

* Boyd's father has gone to press complaining about of this has been handled, that his son has cooperated fully, done nothing wrong (not part of incident at all), etc.

* Boyd is being rep'd by our fav Titan's attorney Roger May.

* One of Brandenburg's friends who has been charged turned himself in in Riverside, CA, but is resisting extradition to TN.

* I find it most interesting that the Metro Nashville DA is a Vandy law grad.  Almost makes you wonder if he might lean to the side of over-prosecution in order to clearly demonstrate non-bias.  Mike Nifong went too far in the name of appealing to the wider county voter base in the Duke lacrosse case, and paid for it with disbarment, but I don't think anyone is doubting that the 4 named in this case were indeed involved and the crime committed. The 4 will pay for what they've done, but mostly curious to see what comes of these secondary indictments.

Sounds like this Brandenburg scum maybe sent pics on the incident to folks maybe? And the recipients didn't report it?

My guess.  And then told them to erase/destroy them.  How involved the friends of his were remains to be seen. 

We get a JUCO transfer (which basically never has happened, save Jordan Rodgers like his brother did), and it turns out to be this guy.  Ugh.

If Boyd didn't report it though can't imagine he would survive this without being thrown off the team.  And honestly, rightfully so.  Hopefully it is the last of it.

Edited by volntitan