Is it now risky to draft CJ in the top 3?

Dmeade-

I was discussing this same topic with a friend today and we both agreed we'd take at least take Rice and Charles over him, possibly some other players too.

I agree.

If he reports late, he could be an injury-liability.

I'm not really worried about him getting injured any more than another top RB. I just don't think he's worth the risk since they aren't even exchanging written offers yet and there hasn't been any movement in 2 weeks.

Last year he was the consensus #1 pick and he finished as the #5 back. Even if he's going at 100% starting week one, there's still no guarantee he'll end up a top 3 back. So why take the risk. If he pulls a Vincent Jackson, you better be able to win games during the first 9-10 weeks without him or basically screwed your whole season just so you could get a few more fantasy points per week on average over a guy like Ray Rice.

It's just not worth the risk IMO at this point. I've been playing fantasy football since the early 1990's when there was no internet. We did stats by hand with a newspaper and calculator every Tuesday during class and then everyone made their own copy in the library after school. Over all those years one thing i've certainly realized is that taking big risks in fantasy football almost never pays off nearly as much as you would like.

Right now I have CJ as #13 on my board. There are 12 other guys i'd rather have over him as long as he's not with the team and under contract (or close to signing one). None of those guys is a QB either and i'd consider taking Rodgers over him too. The day he signs he moves back into my top 2.

Last year, I had the #1 pick and I took CJ like a douchbag-homer. My brother with the #2 pick took Rodgers.

Well, CJ disappointed and AR was lights out. My brother won the league and I barely made the playoffs.

I hope this is not EG part 2 in the making... Huge contract for a RB and a toe made it a huge regret. CJ should be paid top RB money end of story. I think Ringer could hold us over but I would prefer to have both.

Ringer is looking pretty steady in the hands department.. I think a 2rb set and using CJ as the decoy a few times and hitting ringer on a swing pass the other way would move the chains and will lead to a CJ long TD run when they expect the fake and it is not... ;)

I sure hope we get more creative with our bread and butter... the run game.

Last year, I had the #1 pick and I took CJ like a douchbag-homer. My brother with the #2 pick took Rodgers.

Well, CJ disappointed and AR was lights out. My brother won the league and I barely made the playoffs.

I wouldn't say CJ disappointed. He was still a top 5 fantasy running back. I'm guessing the rest of your team wasn't that solid?

Will CJ get as many carries:

1. If there's a lengthy holdout?

2. Now that the Titans have a couple of QBs that can hit people over the middle?

I'm not sure CJ breaks my top five.

Full Disclosure: I don't know what I'm talking about. Although I've dabbled in FF, this is my first year in a real money league.

I wouldn't say CJ disappointed. He was still a top 5 fantasy running back. I'm guessing the rest of your team wasn't that solid?

Here was my roster. Rivers carried me to the playoffs.

Kenny Britt (Ten - WR) 0 0 0 0 0 42 775 9 0 1 1 183.50

Reggie Bush (Mia - RB) 0 0 0 150 0 34 208 1 0 0 1 73.80

Owen Daniels (Hou - TE) 0 0 0 0 0 38 471 2 0 0 0 97.10

Antonio Gates (SD - TE) 0 0 0 0 0 50 782 10 0 0 0 203.20

Mike Goodson (Car - RB) 0 0 0 452 3 40 310 0 0 0 3 138.20

Tim Hightower (Was - RB) 0 0 0 736 5 21 136 0 0 0 4 140.20

Greg Jennings (GB - WR) 0 0 0 -1 0 76 1265 12 0 0 0 299.40

Chris Johnson (Ten - RB) 0 0 0 1364 11 44 245 1 0 0 2 312.90

Terrell Owens (Cin - WR) 0 0 0 0 0 72 983 9 0 0 0 239.30

Philip Rivers (SD - QB) 4710 30 13 52 0 0 0 0 0 1 4 384.60

Ben Roethlisberger (Pit - QB) 3200 17 5 176 2 0 0 0 0 0 3 263.60

Mike Wallace (Pit - WR) 0 0 0 39 0 60 1257 10 0 0 0 284.60