Welcome to Titans Report - Message Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Brian Schwenke

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Advertising

TitansGuru

TitansGuru

Reluctant Giver of Tacos

• Administrator
  • 4,693 posts

POPULAR

I absolutely LOVE what we're doing in the draft this year.

Jonboy

Jonboy

Master of GIFs

• Two Tone Crew
  • 8,355 posts

I absolutely LOVE what we're doing in the draft this year.

:cmj:

Twitter: @RetroRaconteur

Gaming Blog: retroraconteur.blogspot.com

Alcibiades

Alcibiades

Greco-Chinese Wisdom

• Members
  • 2,050 posts

Yeah, I love this pick. We got two of the best interior OL in this draft. FINALLY, the staff sees what a weakness it has been and really works to correct it. Getting Hunter in the second was also a steal. They have brought in at least 3 guys who can start in this league, and that's pretty damn good. They have others with potential to start and/or develop. But I LOVE this pick.

pierce2walker

pierce2walker

Pro

• Members
  • 306 posts

Schwenke was my favorite center so I'm loving the pick.

Also worth noting is that one knock on Warmack is that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and may need a smart guy playing next to him making the calls.  Well Schwenke is noted as being a really smart guy.  Nice fit.

Edited by pierce2walker, Apr 27 2013 - 02:09 PM.

chef

chef

All-Pro

• Contributor
  • 2,425 posts

Swenke is stout but very quick and can do things Mawea did without giving up toughness at the point.  I think he can be as good or better than Myers. 

Almost not fair to compare him to Mawae - the old version we had anyway.  Schwenke doesn't have Mawae's 2nd level blocking ability.  Not that Brian's bad, but if you look at Mawae over the course of his career, you're talking about a guy that's almost a lock to be a HOF center.  If Schwenke is anywhere near that good, we got quite the pick. 

And somewhat related to Mawae as well with regards to line calls, I really like that Schwenke scored a 31 on the Wonderlic.  Most important position on the line to be mentally sharp. And what was that thing said about Chance Warmack, about him needing to be next to a smart guy or similar?   (Check.)

chef

chef

All-Pro

• Contributor
  • 2,425 posts

Also worth noting is that one knock on Warmack is that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and may need a smart guy playing next to him making the calls.  Well Schwenke is noted as being a really smart guy.  Nice fit.

Whoops.  Just posted and hadn't seen this.

So yes, I concur.

Pragidealist

Pragidealist

Optimistic Fool

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

Yeah, I love this pick. We got two of the best interior OL in this draft. FINALLY, the staff sees what a weakness it has been and really works to correct it. Getting Hunter in the second was also a steal. They have brought in at least 3 guys who can start in this league, and that's pretty damn good. They have others with potential to start and/or develop. But I LOVE this pick.

Sounds more like- finally the ones that do see the problem have been freed to act on it.

Advertising

Pragidealist

Pragidealist

Optimistic Fool

• Members
  • 6,900 posts

http://youtu.be/SQyeOUq0cVU

---reo on prag's account 

Edited by Pragidealist, Apr 27 2013 - 04:46 PM.

9 Nines

9 Nines

All-Pro

• Members
  • 4,179 posts

So Warmack is Bubba and Schwenke is Forest?

lilies-cat.jpg

Justafan

Justafan

REGULAR GUY

• Members
  • 3,196 posts

Warmack isn't dumb.  This is football, not rocket science.  Listen to him talk.  He might not be a genius but he's at least average intelligence and that's plenty to play guard.

"I'm glad I'm not judgmental like all you smug, superficial idiots"

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something in your life".
- Winston Churchhill

No1TitansFan

No1TitansFan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • 1,223 posts

Warmack isn't dumb.  This is football, not rocket science.  Listen to him talk.  He might not be a genius but he's at least average intelligence and that's plenty to play guard.

His day after interview on 3HL he talked about the importance of  knowing not only his assignment, but also those of the players around him in order to have a complete understanding of how the play was supposed to work; did not sound at all like a guy who needed someone around him to help him about. A media guy posts something on a website and everybody acts as if it's gospel truth

reo

reo

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 14,342 posts

His day after interview on 3HL he talked about the importance of  knowing not only his assignment, but also those of the players around him in order to have a complete understanding of how the play was supposed to work; did not sound at all like a guy who needed someone around him to help him about. A media guy posts something on a website and everybody acts as if it's gospel truth

I didn't get that sense from listening to him talk but lets all be honest here... Levitre is probably going to be making al the calls anyway I'd expect.

The person who reads too much and uses his brain too little will fall into lazy habits of thinking
-- Albert Einstein

Dogmatic teaching is limited teaching

-- Carl Paoli

Jamalisms

Jamalisms

Resident Wit

• Two Tone Crew
  • 17,291 posts
So it sounds like Schwenke gets to call her Miss Jackson. Fine by me, that's how you want your linemen to play.
Perm Ignore List: Oldschool, ManningEnvy, WG53, CharrdWood, CanadianTitansFan, LegalTitan, Eighteen, Isntlifefunny

Do you have a lame personality and seek to antagonize for fun?
Do you offer nothing of value to the forums?
Are you an underemployed internet moron?

Immediate openings! Apply within.

Kyle021

Kyle021

All-Pro

• Members
  • 3,508 posts
Our OL has the makings to be the best in the league

Bless me Father for I have sinned... I have to watch him the whole fourth quarter

- Bernie Kosar

Advertising

Woodvegas

Woodvegas

Rookie

• Members
  • 55 posts

Schwenke looks like he escaped from Whoville. Love the pick.

headhunter

headhunter

All-Pro

• Members
  • 4,260 posts
Him and Warmack side by side is going to be fun to watch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ABOUT TITANS REPORT

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean, Paul Kuharsky of ESPN and 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

LATEST STORIES

OILERMAN BLOG: Free Agency

OILERMAN - Feb 28 2014 09:58 PM

Whisenhunt to Titans (Per Mort)

Cyrus - Jan 13 2014 05:32 PM

OILERMAN BLOG: WEEK 15

OILERMAN - Dec 19 2013 07:42 PM

The TitansReport website is strictly for informational and entertainment purposes. Our website is no way connected or affiliated with the Tennessee Titans or any other related fan sites. It also claims no rights to the trademarks of NFL or its properties.