Welcome to Titans Report - Message Board
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Brian Schwenke

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

Advertising

JLocker10

JLocker10

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 11,793 posts

"Mike Munchak said he was pleased and surprised to find Schwenke available. Says he can come in and play 10 years."

He's definitely getting "his" guys.

if it ends up not working out with our current regime, i do feel at the very least that we're putting together a nice foundation. guys like hunter, warmack, schwenke can still help out the next HC/QB combo if it comes to it

I think Kaepernick is fools gold.

Starkiller

Starkiller

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 5,672 posts
Yeah, even if Munch is gone next year, the interior OLine is set for the next few years

Our OTs are good for a little while, too

Edited by Starkiller, Apr 27 2013 - 11:12 AM.

titansfan

titansfan

Enlightened One.

• Members
  • 5,426 posts

The competition in the interior line is going to be great this training camp...

I expect Amano to get cut.

Velasco, Warmack, Schwenke, Spencer, and Turner all competing for two spots.

The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Jonboy

Jonboy

Master of GIFs

• Two Tone Crew
  • 8,464 posts

Bruce Matthews: the best 5 are going to play and if that includes 2 rookies, then that's great.

Twitter: @RetroRaconteur

Gaming Blog: retroraconteur.blogspot.com

TF_Titan

TF_Titan

Pro Bowler

• Members
  • 652 posts

Our OTs are good for a little while, too

I thought Stewart dropped off a little last year even before the injury.  Hopefully he was just slumping a bit and will return to form next season.

cenj

cenj

All-Pro

• Members
  • 3,363 posts

Totally makes sense to me that Schwenke will win out the C spot (as he fits the overall scheme better) and Velasco will be the C/RG swing man. Everyone else is fighting for depth.

If it were up to me I'd trade Johnson for Peyton Hillis or Lagerette Blount straight up.

Soxcat

Soxcat

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 8,710 posts

Swenke is stout but very quick and can do things Mawea did without giving up toughness at the point.  I think he can be as good or better than Myers. 

Pick Analysis: "Whether it's a medical issue or the diluted sample in Indianapolis, there's a reason why this guy with second-round talent is going in the sixth round. That's immaterial now. Jake Locker has been unsuccessful there. (New head coach) Ken Whisenhunt is inheriting him. He will have less patience with Locker if he struggles. Locker is on a one-year contract that might not be all 16 games. Mettenberger can make all the throws. He has a world of talent and has been in a pro system under Cam Cameron at LSU." -- Charley Casserly

Advertising

JLocker10

JLocker10

Hall Of Famer

• Members
  • 11,793 posts

Swenke is stout but very quick and can do things Mawea did without giving up toughness at the point.  I think he can be as good or better than Myers. 

and he's not undersized like those two

I think Kaepernick is fools gold.

terradawg

terradawg

Pro

• Contributor
  • 492 posts

Loving the new look interior line. It's been such a weakness the last few years...really should have been addressed last offseason more than it was.

jreynolds

jreynolds

Volz4Life

• Members
  • 118 posts

They say the kid is downrite nasty in the trenches,scored good on the wonderlic,only had one penalty and 4 qb hurries....Lovin the new talent they brought in and have drafted.Nice going into a season with sum hope,really hope locker steps it up.....

"Cant we all just hit a Bong"??

TitansGuru

TitansGuru

Reluctant Giver of Tacos

• Administrator
  • 4,840 posts

POPULAR

I absolutely LOVE what we're doing in the draft this year.

Jonboy

Jonboy

Master of GIFs

• Two Tone Crew
  • 8,464 posts

I absolutely LOVE what we're doing in the draft this year.

:cmj:

Twitter: @RetroRaconteur

Gaming Blog: retroraconteur.blogspot.com

Alcibiades

Alcibiades

Greco-Chinese Wisdom

• Members
  • 2,165 posts

Yeah, I love this pick. We got two of the best interior OL in this draft. FINALLY, the staff sees what a weakness it has been and really works to correct it. Getting Hunter in the second was also a steal. They have brought in at least 3 guys who can start in this league, and that's pretty damn good. They have others with potential to start and/or develop. But I LOVE this pick.

pierce2walker

pierce2walker

Pro

• Members
  • 307 posts

Schwenke was my favorite center so I'm loving the pick.

Also worth noting is that one knock on Warmack is that he isn't the sharpest tool in the shed and may need a smart guy playing next to him making the calls.  Well Schwenke is noted as being a really smart guy.  Nice fit.

Edited by pierce2walker, Apr 27 2013 - 02:09 PM.

Advertising

chef

chef

All-Pro

• Contributor
  • 2,507 posts

Almost not fair to compare him to Mawae - the old version we had anyway.  Schwenke doesn't have Mawae's 2nd level blocking ability.  Not that Brian's bad, but if you look at Mawae over the course of his career, you're talking about a guy that's almost a lock to be a HOF center.  If Schwenke is anywhere near that good, we got quite the pick. 

And somewhat related to Mawae as well with regards to line calls, I really like that Schwenke scored a 31 on the Wonderlic.  Most important position on the line to be mentally sharp. And what was that thing said about Chance Warmack, about him needing to be next to a smart guy or similar?   (Check.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

ABOUT TITANS REPORT

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean, Paul Kuharsky of ESPN and 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

LATEST STORIES

OILERMAN Blog week 2

OILERMAN - Yesterday, 06:45 PM

OILERMAN Blog week 1

OILERMAN - Sep 10 2014 07:47 PM

The TitansReport website is strictly for informational and entertainment purposes. Our website is no way connected or affiliated with the Tennessee Titans or any other related fan sites. It also claims no rights to the trademarks of NFL or its properties.